We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

many Mahalo's to "halemalu"

Durham, NC
Level Contributor
399 posts
1 review
Save Topic
many Mahalo's to "halemalu"

I must take a moment and thank "halemalu" and her husband for their incredibaly gracious hospitality and true aloha spirit. My husband, sister, and I visited Molokai today (see trip report) and as Budget rental car does not provide a shuttle, they picked us up from the harbor (ferry) and took us to our rental car. They then led the way to their house and invited us for coffee and told us how to get to the Kalaupapa Lookout. At the end of our day, we met them back at their house and they followed us back to the airpirt to return our car and took us back to the ferry. They went above and beyond with their kindness. It was such a pleasure to meet them and talk with them and put a face to a name here on the forum. They are truely the embodiment of the aloha spirit. Many mahalos!!! We hope to see you again soon:-)

Seattle, WA. USA
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: many Mahalo's to "halemalu"

Sounds like a heartfelt and well-deserved thank-you.

Pretty darned cool, Halemalu, pretty darned cool.

Ken

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: many Mahalo's to "halemalu"

Wow! Jojo, you are so lucky. One of these days I am going to meet Hale! She is a lady that is all heart.

I am glad that you got to meet her!

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
6,323 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: many Mahalo's to "halemalu"

Hopefully next trip you will get to stay with them.. I know I would love to! Thank you for sharing your positive experience with all the TA readers.

Molokai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: many Mahalo's to "halemalu"

hey, without richard it would not have been possible, because i can't drive. i don't know what i would do if i ever lost him.

Redding, California
Level Contributor
210 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: many Mahalo's to "halemalu"

Halemalu,

what a outstanding , kind and generous person you are, you have made a lasting impression of the aloha spirit.

I felt all warm and fuzzy inside from reading this post.

Molokai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: many Mahalo's to "halemalu"

sh*t, all we did is pick'em up and take'em back to the ferry. but, yes, we do all we can to offset the sometimes iffy image of moloka'i. why not? it's fun for us too.

Kauai / Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: many Mahalo's to "halemalu"

Heck, anything to get her off the internet forums for a while, eh?

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,081 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: many Mahalo's to "halemalu"

We're also planning to visit Halemalu in May. Hale, I'm looking forward to meeting you.

San Clemente, CA
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: many Mahalo's to "halemalu"

I am so jealous! As I shared w/you before, Hale, I did want to go on the Father Damien tour but we did not set aside enough time. Maybe I can extend our trip! Anyway, it is so very cool that you extended yourself for jowjow and that you got to see one another face to face! :) (Hale, you do the postcards, and watercolor, right?)

Molokai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: many Mahalo's to "halemalu"

herbalgirl, were you at our saturday market? yes i am the beadlady and make cards and watercolors.