We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will this Itinerary be exhausting? What would you change?

Michigan
Level Contributor
290 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Will this Itinerary be exhausting? What would you change?

What do you think? It seems like I booked a LOT of activities, but they all sound so fun, it is so hard to cut something.

7/3 fly into Honolulu, dinner & night club

7/4 arrive in Maui, lazy at beach and sunset/fireworks dinner cruise at night

7/5 Snorkel trip in morning, lazy in afternoon

7/6 helicopter in morning, Old Lahaina Luau at night

7/7 Road to Hana

7/8 Lazy on beach/pool, Zip-line in afternoon

7/9 Husband = golf, me=spa, lazy in afternoon

7/10 lazy on beach, fly back to Honolulu at night, dinner/night club?

7/11 relax on Waikiki beach, fly home at night

Thanks in advance!

Jenni

Wales
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will this Itinerary be exhausting? What would you change?

a lot?? it all seems a bit too lazy as it is, you should add more.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will this Itinerary be exhausting? What would you change?

It sounds just right!! You can always add stuff to do, if you feel like it. Remember; you are on a HOLIDAY, not a marathon.

I think that overplanning just stresses a person out, exactly the opposite of what you are aiming for on your precious holiday. You can always come back too, and do more stuff next time.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
774 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will this Itinerary be exhausting? What would you change?

Looks good. You missed Haleakala and Iao Needle.

Have fun.

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,081 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will this Itinerary be exhausting? What would you change?

Think you have given yourselves enough time so if you decide to do more you can. Just remember it takes awhile to do the airport thing and you will be in a different time zone, waking very early.

San Clemente, CA
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will this Itinerary be exhausting? What would you change?

Maybe you could drive up to Haleakala later in the day, after you do zipline, if not too tired. Sunset is supposed to be great. It is supposedly a less crowded alternative to the am sunrise. I think they are not too far from one another. Paging Maui Kitty. She knows.

Your trip sounds fun, Jenni! I love the "lazy" part. :)

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
446 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will this Itinerary be exhausting? What would you change?

Depending on what time you're getting in and how long it's supposed to take you to get there, the only thing I would rethink might be your first night. It took us about 14 hours to get there (including a 9 hour direct flight from Atlanta). We arrived in Oahu around 5:30 or so. We went on to Maui and got in around 7:30 ish. By the time we got there, our behinds were dragging. We ended up ordering room service and chilling at the hotel. Is the beauty about vacation and vacation itineraries though, indecision is the key to flexibilitly. You can always decide to change some things around (except for last minute changes to booked excursions)

orange county
Level Contributor
699 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Will this Itinerary be exhausting? What would you change?

Sounds perfect. Although i cant see how you would think its exhausting since you have lazy time everyday!

Redding, California
Level Contributor
210 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Will this Itinerary be exhausting? What would you change?

I like your lazy time set aside, I will just give you a heads up one thing:

Don't drink to much at the Old Lahaina luau, it makes the road to Hana not so enjoyable the next day. I know this from my own experience. I had a hard time turing down the free drinks.

Michigan
Level Contributor
290 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Will this Itinerary be exhausting? What would you change?

Thanks everyone for your advice! I purposely left down time so we could be flexible to add or delete activities if we wish. Plus since we are staying at the Sheraton, we will probably do quite a bit of snorkeling at black rock.

Herbalgirl – I like the idea of the Haleakala at sunset. We are not morning people and cannot see us getting out of bed at 2:00 am for the sunrise, so that may be a nice alternative.

Boundformaui – you are probably right on the first night. I am thinking we will end up eating dinner and crashing. Save the dance club for our last night in Oahu.

Accticusinmaui – I could totally see us doing what you described at OLL, so thanks for the heads up.

Thank you to all, I love this board!

Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
11 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Will this Itinerary be exhausting? What would you change?

Sounds just about right to me except with a six hour time change night clubbing the first night might be asking too much.

I might change the flight back to Honolulu to afternoon if you want to go out at night. Traffic can be a real bear on both islands so you should leave extra time.