We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 BR Condo in Maui advice needed

MINNEPOLIS
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
3 BR Condo in Maui advice needed

What would be the best place to stay?

We are looking for something within walking distance or on a swimable beach and within walking distance to some restaurants. So far my choices are:

Kaanapali Plantation

Sands of Kahana

Noelani

Papakea

Kahana Outrigger

Thank you for any input you can offer or if you know of any that I should research for February 2012. My budget is 450/night or less.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
22,762 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 BR Condo in Maui advice needed

You will have a car, so the 'walking distance to restaurants' shouldn't be a deal-killer. Maui isn't large, The drives to most restaurants would be short, yet a bit farther than most people want to walk.

Have you considered anything in South Maui? I think you'd find something in your budget in South Kihei, across from the Kamaole Beach Parks. If you are using www.wizardpub.com to see complexes, start at Maui Vista and work south.

Don't wait long to reserve your car. February brings lots of snowbirds!

Edited: 11:09 am, June 09, 2011
Maui
Level Contributor
70,164 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 BR Condo in Maui advice needed

Aloha,

Check Honua Kai and Maui Kaanapali Villas too.

Be advised that Kaanapali Plantation is across the highway from the beach, and is not within walking distance to much.

United States
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 BR Condo in Maui advice needed

For your price range I'd try to find something at Honua Kai via vrbo.com , homeaway.com or some other such site.

United States
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 BR Condo in Maui advice needed

I didn't get back in time to edit but the 3 br on VRBO are out of your price range at the Honua Kai.

http://www.vrbo.com/search?q=maui+3br

Here's a search I did. If you find out which part of the Island you want to stay on (south or west) you can narrow the search at the top of the page.

Happy hunting! There are some nice looking places out there in your price range. I specifically saw some in Napili. But I was just browsing quickly.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
23,093 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 BR Condo in Maui advice needed

See what www.chasenrainbows.com has for your dates.

Edited: 12:43 pm, June 09, 2011
MINNEPOLIS
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 BR Condo in Maui advice needed

The places that I listed do have availability for my dates. I am just wondering which would be the best choice if anyone could help me out. Thanks.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 BR Condo in Maui advice needed

HI

Look at Kaanapali Alii. The units are huge and it is on the sandy

part of kaanapali beach.

Maui
Level Contributor
70,164 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 BR Condo in Maui advice needed

Aloha,

It's hard to suggest a ranking, without knowing a little more about you. How many people, ages, interests, etc.

For example, I'd rec Papakea if you have young kids, but Sands or Outrigger RK if the kids are older. Beaches for all the ones you've listed are going to be narrow and rockier.

Are you against searching further? There may well be a great place out there you haven't found yet! You might also want to consider two units. Having two kitchens, two washers/dryers, more bathrooms, and more privacy can be a godsend.

Edited: 2:36 pm, June 09, 2011
MINNEPOLIS
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 BR Condo in Maui advice needed

We have 3 couples going, all in our 40's. We have travelled many times in the past and enjoy sharing the condos/houses that we rent. If we have to spend more than 450/night on a 3BR then we are just going to spend the extra money and get 3 separate hotel rooms somewhere. The point in staying together is to save money and we have lots of fun. We don't mind walking to restaurants and the beach if we need to but also we will have cars rented.

Maui
Level Contributor
70,164 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3 BR Condo in Maui advice needed

Aloha,

Thanks for the info. I'd still suggest looking at Maui Kaanapali Villas--I don't **think** any of the three bedroom units are in the Aston Rental pool, you'll prob have to go through an agency or vrbo. In addition to ChasenRainbows, check with Whaler's Realty, Quam Property Management, Harris Property Management. They may have other houses which are closer in and perfect for you, as well as condos.

If you stay with your current list, I'd prob go with a coin toss between Sands and Outrigger RK.

Do realize that you are visiting at a very, very popular time. So 3 hotel rooms at a nice resort will be $$$$.........even spending more than 450/nt for a 3 bed/bath condo will end up less expensive in the end, versus a hotel.

I also wouldn't book anything yet-unless it's fully refundable. Rates may drop, or not.......but I'd not firm anything up totally until around September or early October.