We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving in Maui

Houston
Level Contributor
47 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Diving in Maui

I am traveling to Maui for the first time the last week of March and would like to go diving.Can someone recommend a reliable diving charter, and a good spot to dive without strong currents as we are not experience divers.

Apreciate any advise....

Longmont, Colorado
Level Contributor
194 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving in Maui

I dove with Mike Severns and Ed Robinsons. I liked Mike Severns a lot. Both of us had a little less than 40 dives under our belt. But I wudn't hesitate using both operators again. Mike Severns does not do Lanai which Ed Robinson does. I wud say the Lanai dives easily outranked Molokini for the wealth of fish life and coral formations.

Mike Severns stop on the way back for whales and dolphins and they really take their time.

We scheduled 5 days of diving and had to cancel 3 because the dives r at 6.15 AM and we just cudn't keep doing it for 5 days in a row. (and I had a horrible cold) I wud keep this in mind next time I plan for diving in maui.Cancellation needs 2 days advance notice and we lost 120 bucks coz of that.

It will also be better to stay in Kihei since most boats launch off Kihei Ramp.

If u need to tailor the no. of dives,

I wud suggest

1 trip to Lanai

1 trip to Molokini

and maybe 1 night dive.

Also other divers mentioned shore dives but we did not do these. the shop to contact for guided shore dives in Maui dreams.

Have lots of fun.