We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking private elope in Maui - suggestions needed

St. Louis
3 posts
Save Topic
Seeking private elope in Maui - suggestions needed

This is a second marriage, but first honeymoon for both of us. We want to skip the hooplah and just have a private ceremony for the two of us and then enjoy our stay. We are hoping some time in late May/early June for about 5 days. We want to bike down Haleakala for sure, a little shopping, a little hiking, maybe a half-day snorkel cruise? We are looking for a B & B and/or beach cottage type accomodations (w/kitchen). We are planning on renting a car. This will be our first trip to Hawaii, but hopefully not our last. Any suggestions greatly appreciated! We need all the help we can get.

Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking private elope in Maui - suggestions needed

Aloha!

We got "Mauied" last year in February 2005, and going back this Feb. for a month visit to the island. If you want something private, and personal....why not try a Justice of the Peace, and get them to marry you on the beach...we got married on a little grassy hill overloking one of the beaches in Wailea....ROMANTIC.

We also stay in a B & B and love the privacy and all the facilities they have to offer. We too like to do our own cooking and bbq lots too. Go online and call up Maui B & B and lots will come up. We stay in Kihei because of quietness and centralization.

You gotta have a car on Maui....otherwise u miss out on too much! Tour the island, find your own romantic hideaways, and enjoy the serenity!

Maui is the best island to visit....congratulations and good luck. There is lots to do in Maui!

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
446 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeking private elope in Maui - suggestions needed

shellygail - how far in advance did you make the arrangements for your ceremony? My husband and I want to go back and renew our vows for our 25th wedding anniversary and it will probably be just the 2 of us unless our daughter/son-in-law can join us. Your arrangements sound perfect and just what we're looking for. Any info you can give me about your ceremony would be really appreciated. Congrats angelicmaria on your marriage. You will love Lahaina for shopping. We did a snorkel trip wtih a tour company called Paragon. It was a full day, but well worth it. They take you over to Lanai which was really beautiful. We were in Maui for 5 days and did the road to Hana one day, the snorkel trip one day, bike trip one day and relaxed by the pool/beach areas for 2 days. Hope you love Maui as much as we did, although I'm not sure if that's possible.

Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Seeking private elope in Maui - suggestions needed

We made our arrangements with a Justice of the Peace and he married us in a matter of days! He was a retired doctor. We got the license and all we had to do was meet up with him and follow him to a little site where he thought we would like....I am sure if we would of picked the spot he would of been more than happy to do it there too. I believe the cost was only $100. for him and his witness. Perfect little romantic wedding....good luck!

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
104 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seeking private elope in Maui - suggestions needed

We got married (just the two of us) on the beach at sunset in Maui 12 years ago, and have gone back almost every year since. It's a great, romantic place. We used Royal Hawaiian Weddings to arrange everything, including setting up the licensing. I know they are still in business, because I've recommended others. Very professional, lots of options from really upscale and fancy to basic. We usually stay on Kaanapali Beach, at The Whaler Condos by Whalers Village, personal choice, we like a little more activity, and amenities. Regardless, Maui's our favorite place on earth, and we've been to a lot of places. Earlier posting is correct- you need a car, and need to plan for lots of traffic. Good Luck!

St. Louis
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Seeking private elope in Maui - suggestions needed

Thank you all for your responses!

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Seeking private elope in Maui - suggestions needed

hi

we are getting married in Maui in March. It will be a small Budhhist ceremony in Zen Temple in Maui but we are staying in Kihei.

Check out this place in Kihei

www.aikaneoceanfrontvacationrentals.com/#

The contact person is Janna. She is a florist but will help you with all the things you need to plan a wedding:

1. Minister

2. Photographer/Videographer

3. FLorist

4. Hair and Makeup artisit.

5. Room decor for wedding night.

I think if it is just 2 of you then dont hire a wedding planner. Just get do it yourself. Check out the following website for more vendor list

www.mauiweddingassociation.com/expand.html

I am hiring Tradewinds photography and Surefire production for videography.

Thanks

St. Louis
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Seeking private elope in Maui - suggestions needed

Ajay,

Thanks for the input! It is only the two of us, but I would like a photographer to capture the moment. I would love to know how it went when you get back! Thanks again for the suggestions.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
774 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seeking private elope in Maui - suggestions needed

We eloped 7 yrs ago and a wonderful lady, Rev. Jean married us. This is her website.

http://www.magicalmauiweddings.com/about.htm

We were married on Kamaole Beach 3(??) at Sunset.

Rebecca

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Seeking private elope in Maui - suggestions needed

angelicmaria

I will certainly send you my trip report. But another reason I am going for a all digital pacakge with a professional photographer there, is that you get more pictures in your limited shoot time and you can develop quality professional looking pictures later when you are back in your home town. The advantage digital have over 35 MM is that it can be convert to any format.

I am taking my personal semi pro digital camera too. I will take as many as I want and will give to a good friend of mine who is gonna later edit it for me. There are many softwares available in the market which can do the work for you.

Thanks