We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinking water?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
445 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Drinking water?

This might seem like a stupid question-but I noticed a few people talking about buying bottled water at costco to use for drinking, coffee-making, etc. Can you not drink the tap water in Maui?

Central Montana
Level Contributor
205 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinking water?

We're used to excellent water and found the tap water just fine...wasn't real cold coming out of the faucet though (at least compared to what we're used to). That doesn't bother me but some may prefer to refrigerate it prior to drinking.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,510 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinking water?

I've never used anything except tap water on Maui, even refilling empty water bottles to take to the beach.

Seattle, WA. USA
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinking water?

Yeah, the water is fine.

Ken

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
445 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinking water?

Thanks. That probably seemed like the stupidest question ever. Didn't even occur to me there would be anything wrong with it until I saw the posts about bottled water. Figured at the risk of sounding totally idiotic, better safe then sorry. ;)

Seattle, WA. USA
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drinking water?

Nah, not really that dumb. As you say, there are several posts where people mention buying bottled water at Costco, so I can see why you might bring it up. Fact is however that those folks probably buy bottled water at home too (lots of folks do).

The upshot is, Maui is as safe and clean and healthy as anywhere else in the USA.

Ken

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
445 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drinking water?

Thanks, Ken. I can't wait to go! 21 more days! :)