We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kapalua Ridge Villa or Maui Eldorado?

Parma Heights, Ohio
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Kapalua Ridge Villa or Maui Eldorado?

we are celebrating our 25th Anniversay next year. have a car for the entire trip. Price wise have narrowed it down to VRBO rental at either Kapalua Ridge or Maui Eldorado for 7 nights. We want to be able to snorkel from the beach, go out occasionally for a before dinner drink and basically just sight see and vegetate, go out to dinner most nights and do the usual side trips. We are spending additional 2 nights in Hana. Both condos look excellent but leaning toward Kapalua Ridge since there are several snorkel beaches near by and we don't mind walking. Opinions please.

Ontario
Level Contributor
462 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Kapalua Ridge Villa or Maui Eldorado?

Aloha! I don't know anything about Maui Eldorado, but we have stayed at Kapalua Ridge (listing #28957). It was very nice, and I can recommend it. However, we did most of our snorkelling at Black Rock and it would be a fair hike from Kapalua. We did go down to the beach near Kapalua Ridge, but did not go into the water. We were there in October and it was pretty rough. There is another popular snorkelling area a little further up the road (Honoloa Bay), but that would be a bit of a hike there as well. It is a really nice place to snorkel - sometimes. On different trips, we have had great snorkeling there and other times very poor snorkeling due to poor visibility and rough water.

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
977 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kapalua Ridge Villa or Maui Eldorado?

Our friends stayed at the Maui Eldorado this past June for 2 weeks and they loved it mainly because of the location (beach and Whalers Village). They loved their room and never had any complaints. I don't know about the Kapalua Ridge though. Maybe others will post and let you know. Hope this helps.

seattle
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kapalua Ridge Villa or Maui Eldorado?

I know the Ridge Villas but not the Eldorado. Snorkeling is quite good at Kapalua Bay (just below your unit)and also Honoloa Bay which is a short hike from the road. Kapalua is very well kept and secure from my experiences there. There are 4-5 good places to eat on the property. I would recommend Kapalua.