We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding Location

Birmingham,al.
Level Contributor
227 posts
10 reviews
Wedding Location

We are planning our wedding for September. We are in a quandry over location. Our planner has recommended Kapulua, Ironwood beach, or Makena Cove for a morning wedding. I'm a little concerned about rain on the west side.

Although we are staying at the Sheraton, driving to Makena is not a probleas there will only be 6 guests and us. Any experience or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
52,717 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Wedding Location

The rain on the west side will be minimal at best. Although we can't predict what the future weather will be!! Kapalua Bay in September would be absolutely gorgeous. The other's will be too. In this case, I would go where you would be most comfortable and not worry about the weather. It can rain anywhere at any time on the island. Make sure your planner has a plan B just in case.

Birmingham,al.
Level Contributor
227 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Wedding Location

One additional thing; we are planning on having brunch or lunch at the Plantation House afterward.

Mahalo

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
11,368 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Wedding Location

Kapalua to Makena cove would take an hour plus one way. I'd stay in the Kapalua Area for the wedding.

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,818 posts
98 reviews
4. Re: Wedding Location

I agree w/your wedding planner. Ironwood beach is very private, and the better choice for a wedding especially if you are staying at the Sheraton

Dont sweat the weather, you have enough to going on

r r
Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
185 reviews
5. Re: Wedding Location

I vote Makena and then the lunch at Bev Gannons

MINNEPOLIS
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Wedding Location

Makena Cove is gorgeous!! You would love the pictures.

7. Re: Wedding Location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, November 03, 2010