We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Villas:same location as Westin Resort?

ajc
Chicago
Level Contributor
53 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Westin Villas:same location as Westin Resort?

Does anyone know if the new Westin villas( condominiums) are on the Westin Resort property? The Whaler and Kaanapali Alii are booked, and we're looking for a condo on Kaanapali with a decent pool as we have 2 daughters(7,8).

Thanks

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,393 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Villas:same location as Westin Resort?

All of the projects you named are within the Kaanapali Beach Resort, an 800+ acre destination community. The Westin Maui, Whaler and Alii are located in the South Beach area of the resort, while the new Westin Kaanapali Ocean Villas are located in the North Beach area, which is about a mile north of South Beach (on opposite sides of the black rock after which the resort is named.)

They are beautiful luxury residential quality units (you WILL be impressed). However, construction continues on subsequent phases so you may want to make sure you get a unit on the south side of the complex.

La Jolla, California
Level Contributor
526 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Villas:same location as Westin Resort?

The new Westin Villas are not within walking distance really of the Westin Resort. Kaanapali Beach is really touristy from the Sheraton down to the Hyatt. This is a nice place to be with kids, because you can walk to the shops at Whaler's village and you are not far from great snorkeling in front of the Sheraton at black rock.

I haven't stayed at the villas, but I believe they may have a nice balance of resort style pool and condo convenience. The Embassy Suites may have a similar benefit and not be quite as pricey.

There are other condo properties closer to the hotel strip of Kaanapali beach, but their pools are not resort style. Kaanapali Royal and Maui Eldorado are two that come to mind.

I guess the villas is a good compromise if the price doesn't get you. Just know they aren't really on the original Kaanapali beach resort area.

ajc
Chicago
Level Contributor
53 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin Villas:same location as Westin Resort?

Thanks for the info, as I assumed that the villas were near the resort. The villas are pricey and I'd rather be closer to Whalers village, but I'm running out of options as we arrive there in late Feb. I'll check some of the above mentioned properties.

Thanks

Hawaii
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin Villas:same location as Westin Resort?

No they are not, The villas are located north of The Westin Maui

Level Contributor
121 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Westin Villas:same location as Westin Resort?

Caution too. There is a lot of construction going on at the Westin Villas. See the comments under the Hotel Section for the Westin Villas in this Forum.

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Westin Villas:same location as Westin Resort?

Villas are not near the resort. However, the rooms will be nicer than anything you will see at the Sheraton or Westin hotels. The timeshare units are much larger and better appointed. I would take one of these rooms in a heartbeat before staying at the hotels.

Walking is overrated - all of the restaurants in Kaanapali and Whalers are overpriced except McDs and who wants to eat there? But not to fear - Lahaina is only a 5 min drive.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Westin Villas:same location as Westin Resort?

The Whaler might still have a bit of space due to room blocks. You could give this site a try. Good luck.

http://www.royalhawaii.com/whaler.htm

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
385 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Westin Villas:same location as Westin Resort?

The Westin Villas are located just north of Kaanapali and just behind Airport beach. Personally, I think the beach is just as nice as the Kaanapali one. When I stayed there last January, there was still a lot of construction going on so don't know if that still happens (you should call). Also, I know that they changed their policy about being able to go over to freely use the Sheraton or Westin pools. However, the pool at the Villas is just as nice I think.

As for someone's comment that ..."all the restaurants in Kaanapali/Whalers are overpriced and who would want to eat there..", I would strongly disagree. I like Hula Grill a lot and their prices are comparable to what you will find in Lahaina. The view is also quite nice. Hotel/Resort restaurants are a bit pricey, but that is anywhere.

ajc
Chicago
Level Contributor
53 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Westin Villas:same location as Westin Resort?

Thanks for all input, it has been extremely valuable. I booked a family suite at the Sheraton because I have two daughters(7 and 8) and thought that the pool etc. would be fun for them, but I did just find a condo available at The Whaler. After reading previous posts about the Westin villas and the construction surrounding it, I decided against that property. It sounded like non-owners are especially affected in this regard. So I must choose between the Sheraton and Whaler-----I guess there are tougher decisions in life.

10. Re: Westin Villas:same location as Westin Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, May 25, 2009