We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lahaina Shores Beach Resort

Gervais, OR
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort

Has anyone stayed here recently? What did you think? I am reading mixed reviews. The location seems great and we are on a budget. My husband and I are 22 & 23 and plan on going in May. We plan to snorkel, horseback ride, golf, lounge by the pool, go to a luau, and check out the nightclubs. Since everything is nearby, we don't plan to rent a car. If this resort doesn't sound like it is for us, any suggestions?? Does anyone know where we could purchase any good packages out there (hotel + air)? Thanks so much!

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lahaina Shores Beach Resort

Hi nbangel. My husband and I are going to Maui Feb 12 - 19 and are staying at the Lahaina Shores Beach Resort. We are also a young couple (25 and 26). I feel the same way you do, there are a lot of mixed reviews about this hotel. We decided to go with it anyway because we think there "pluses" are greater than the "minuses". We want to be at a place where we can just relax and enjoy the view. Form what I've read, the ocean front rooms have an awesome view (that is what we are getting). We are not too picky about hotels. With so much to do in Maui, we rather save some money on the hotel so we can enjoy other activities.

I plan to write a review as soon as we get back.

Gervais, OR
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lahaina Shores Beach Resort

Thank you Moncana! I can't wait to read your review when you return. Let me know if the beach has white, soft sand. That would be a plus for me!

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lahaina Shores Beach Resort

There is another posting for the Lahaina Shores hotel under Lahaina Forums. That one has a lot of responses from people that have stayed at the hotel, and they are all POSITIVE. You may want to check that one out. The title is "Lahaina Shores Resort" posted by "Michigantraveler".

Calverton, New York
Level Contributor
331 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lahaina Shores Beach Resort

Hi ! We are mid 40's and stayed at Lahaina Shores. We loved the accomodations and the view was great. the Luau is right next door!! The snorkeling is not great right there. There are reefs which make the water murky. You will need a car to get to the beaches. They are close, but not walking distance by any stretch of the imagination. Lahaina doesn't have the kind of night clubs you'd expect from a resort area. You would have to go up to Ka'annapali. All the beaches are public in Maui, and you can go anywhere. We visited 2 or 3 a day! If you go on a snorkel tour, look athe pacific whale foundation. They did a great job. Frommer's Maui was the reference I used most. Aloha!

Boston
Level Contributor
421 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lahaina Shores Beach Resort

Nbangel, the beach in front of the Lahaina Shores does not have soft white sand. In fact it barely qualifies as a beach. It is not swimmable because of coral. The Lahaina Shores is located right in the town of Lahaina in a busy urban area.

Dltreks you are right that Lahaina does not have much in terms of night clubs but Kaanapali has even less. There are no dance clubs in Kaanapali and there are only one or two in Lahaina.

Calverton, New York
Level Contributor
331 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lahaina Shores Beach Resort

Thanks for staightening me out Rusty! I honestly figured with all those beautiful hotels... Night clubs are not my thing, but I guess that's obvious! with all the beaching, biking, snorkeling we did, night life consisted of ZZZzzzz's!

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lahaina Shores Beach Resort

We just got back from Maui and our stay at the Lahaina Shores Beach Resort was wonderful. The views are spectacular and the beach in front of the hotel was very nice and clear. This is a great hotel, my husband and I loved it. I wrote a review for this hotel and I included photos in the "Hotel Reviews" section.

ejs
california
Level Contributor
113 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lahaina Shores Beach Resort

I always try to break up my trip and spend two nights in Lahania at a place where I can walk to Front Street. Every time I consider staying here but never do. If you get a room facing the parking lot you will not like it. Seems like it is alway filled with retired people. At high tide there isn't much of a beach and you can't walk along the sand to the marina and into town. This place has never impressed me as a place where I would like to stay unless it is cheap enough. I would rather put up with the noise and stay at the

Pioneer Inn. Well, maybe not unless they gave me a parking lot view.