We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant that'll knock Grandma's socks off on her 70th...

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant that'll knock Grandma's socks off on her 70th...

Looking for a nice restaurant to take our Mom to on her 70th birthday in December. There are 11 of us including 2 young children so it needs to be somewhat child friendly. We're staying in Lahaina, but have rental cars so location doesn't really matter. Thanks!

Orange County...
Level Contributor
531 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant that'll knock Grandma's socks off on her 70th...

In my opinion the best restaurant meal in Maui is Humuhumu at the Grand Wailea, excellent food, amazing views of the ocean. It definetly knocked my socks off, I told my husband I want to go back to Maui just to eat there! For the best Hawaiian paradise feel go to Mama's Fish House, the food was good too, service outstanding. Both restaurants have children's menus. We took our toddlers to Mama's and they loved looking out at the ocean and the talking parrots at the entrance. We didn't take the kids to Humuhumu but saw several families with children there, it's a resort restaurant so they readily accomodate children. You can't go wrong with either of these choices, it's worth the drive. Good luck!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant that'll knock Grandma's socks off on her 70th...

Another nice restaurant is Pacific O in Lahaina. It is situated right near the beach and offers a nice sunset view. While we were there, we saw couples as well as families. The food and wine are wonderful. I think it would be an excellent choice, as well as Mama's. However, Mama's would be a good 45 minute drive (at least) for you, as it is located in Pa'ia. It is however, a very popular restaurant destination for visitors of Maui.

Dallas
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant that'll knock Grandma's socks off on her 70th...

There's a bunch of great restaurants on Maui. I just returned from my honeymoon and went to Ferraros, Spago(2x), Capische, Mulligans and Mamma's, but the Plantation House Restaurant at the Plantation Golf Course in Kapalua was the best service, best view and best food. Very nice place and if you show up early, you'll get a better seat. The other restaurants were all great as well, Mamma's would probably accommodate the big crowd best and is kid friendly. Get as much advice as you can and read up on other posts and decide what's most fitting for you and your family. Have a great one!