We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterproof box/bag for snorkel?

WV
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Waterproof box/bag for snorkel?

I've seen a few of you meniton that you use a waterproof bag or box when sightseeing so that you can put your hotel key, wallet, keys etc. in it while swimming or snorkeling then you don't have to worry about your valuables being left on the beach.

Can you recommend some to me? I'm doing a search I keep finding some that say Class 3 (not suitable for underwater submersion) so that doesn't sound like it would work.

I'd like to find one (at a decent price) for our upcoming trip.

Thank you so much for your help!

Wash D.C.
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Waterproof box/bag for snorkel?

I used he aquapac keymaster sucessfullly but its pretty small. I was able to fit cash, my rather slim LG cell phone, and the car key without the huge alamo key tag. That's it. Credit cards and hotel key cards are waterproof so they went in a secure pocket in my board shorts. The aquapac waterproofing system works for snorkeling (also used their small camera bag) so just find the size that suits your needs.

Maui
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waterproof box/bag for snorkel?

There is a product called "Alocsac" that was developed by the military specifically to keep dust out of electronics in Iraq but is also used by the Navy. It came out commercially a few years back. I looks like a thick ziplock bag but I have used it down as deep as 110 feet and it was watertight!

Available on Maui or @ Amazon.com www.amazon.com/dp/B0016LUT5I/…

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,073 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waterproof box/bag for snorkel?

I second the recommendation for Aquapac:

http://www.aquapac.net/

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,258 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waterproof box/bag for snorkel?

Don't forget to do a search - on any of the island forums. This topic comes up alot. Good info to be had.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,079 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waterproof box/bag for snorkel?

We, too, use Aquapac.

@aj, it never ceases to amaze me how those big, rental company key tags keep coming off. <G>

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waterproof box/bag for snorkel?

This is my wallet when we go to the islands. I can get license, credit card, insurance cards, room key card, and some folding money in it no problem.

leisurepro.com/Prod/…

This is what I keep my phone and car key in. Both drop inside my wetsuit and hardly know their there.

leisurepro.com/Prod/…

7. Re: Waterproof box/bag for snorkel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, September 30, 2010