We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tell Us About Your TripAdvisor Username

Level Contributor
591 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tell Us About Your TripAdvisor Username

Aloha~

Some of our usernames seem pretty self explanatory, but I saw this thread posted in another forum and thought it would be fun if you would like to tell the origin of your name.

my screen name is Alohawahine...I have always had an attachment to all things Hawaiian and feel hawaiian at heart. I picked the screen name when I joined TripAdvisor becuase my new husband and I were planning our honeymoon to Maui and it seemed like I was spending every waking hour on TA to get all the info for our three week honeymoon that I could.

Aloha means many things in Hawaiian but one of it's meanings is Love. My first name is Love (yes, my parents were hippies) and wahine means girl or woman. so my screen name alohawahine means Love Girl. I have a very dear friend who has called me Love Girl since I was little and that's how I got my TA name.

Level Contributor
591 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Tell Us About Your TripAdvisor Username

I really can't take credit for being inventive and coming up with the idea for this thread. Saw it on another forum and thought, "hey, I'd like to know how my friends in the Maui forum came up with their usernames", so I can't say it was my idea.

This has been a lot of fun and am glad so many have posted. I feel like I know you all just a little bit better.

And after reading some of your inventivness I wish I had come up with a more original name myself.

Mahalo for participating. And I agree with Kaiwahine about not wanting to see a nude purple dinosaur. Ha ha

Derby, UK
Level Contributor
896 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Tell Us About Your TripAdvisor Username

I bet none of you can guess the meaning behind my username!

I used 'U2fan' because my very first post was to ask for accommodation recommendations for a U2 concert in Cardiff...

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Tell Us About Your TripAdvisor Username

bump... just because this was funny!

Level Contributor
591 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Tell Us About Your TripAdvisor Username