We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best place to stay and get married in Wailea?

BC
1 post
Save Topic
The best place to stay and get married in Wailea?

I am having a hard time deciding on a hotel or condo in Wailea to stay at. I'm trying to plan our wedding in Maui but need to figure this out first..preferably more adult oriented. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Wailea
Wailea
Maui, HI
Pitt Meadows, Canada
Level Contributor
310 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The best place to stay and get married in Wailea?

My son got married at the The Grand Wailea 5 years ago and it is a beautiful place. They let you use the grounds free of charge. There is a beautiful wedding chapel on the grounds but I would imagine it is very expensive. The grounds and the hotel are amazing.

There were 35 at my son's wedding. They were married on the beach and had arranged for a Justice of the Peace before leaving home.

We went to Maui a few days ahead of the wedding and they were able to arrange for flowers and also for a reception at The Grand Wailea Golf Course.

They put up tables outside on a grassed patio separate from the rest of the guests and it was wonderful. The golf course is above the Grand Wailea up on a hill so we had a view looking over the hotel to the ocean.

If I can be of any more help just ask.

Marian

NYC, NY
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The best place to stay and get married in Wailea?

I got married at the Four Seasons in Maui last March. They have a wedding planner on staff that will take care of everything for you. You just pick what you want, and she will take care of everything. It might be a little spendy, but not nearly what it would cost to have a full-blown wedding back home. It really made the whole wedding event a breeze. My wife and I contiually tell people it was the best decision we could have made. Everything was absolutelty amazing. I promise you that you could not go wrong there.

Good luck.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
33 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The best place to stay and get married in Wailea?

If it helps....they all look lovely when we strolled by.... good luck!

San Francisco, CA
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The best place to stay and get married in Wailea?

If you are looking for a more adult oriented place I would stay away from the Grand Wailea. Its an amazing hotel and the pools are great but there are a lot of children. I don't know what kind of wedding packages they have but I would look into the Fairmont Kea Lani. In my opinion its the best hotel in Wailea.

Mentioned in this post
Wailea
Wailea
Maui, HI
Centennial, Colorado
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: The best place to stay and get married in Wailea?

When are you getting married? That would affect the children situation... When we go to Maui in early Feb. there are not too many children, as with Sept or Oct.

The Four Seasons or Grand Wailea would be my top two choices.

kohala coast, hawaii
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The best place to stay and get married in Wailea?

it would be hard to beat a wedding at the four seasons maui, it's really lovely there. try to avoid peak travel times for lower rates and less kids.