We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best hotel/resort to stay w/ swimmable beach in Wailea

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
64 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
best hotel/resort to stay w/ swimmable beach in Wailea

hi, my bf and i are going to maui in early sept for a 7 nights stay. has anyone stayed at a clean hotel/resort that's not too pricey (NO condos) with a swimmable beach in Wailea?

thanks!

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best hotel/resort to stay w/ swimmable beach in Wailea

The most affordable resort/hotel that meets your criteria is....

Wailea Marriott ,directly makai,(towards the sea) is a beautiful lava rock coast line.

On one side to the right is Ulua Beach 1 min walk on the beachwalk great for swimming and snorkeling.

On the left side is Wailea Beach 1 min walk, and is a great beach for swimming.

The rooms at the Marriott are clean modern and classy with tiled floors, granite and nice wood cabinets,and great bathrooms.

Less afordable is the Kea Lani (fairmont) then its close between the GrandWailea and the Four Seasons.

Its a3.5-4.0 star level hotel compared to the 5 star Grand and Four Seasons and Kea Lani close behind.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
22,765 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: best hotel/resort to stay w/ swimmable beach in Wailea

Also look at The Prince -- great beach, older property, but perfectly clean and with caring staff.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
340 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best hotel/resort to stay w/ swimmable beach in Wailea

JBruin,

I agree with ChiSue; check out the Maui Prince hotel (read my review at http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g609129-d111823-r22940111-Maui_Prince_Hotel-Wailea_Maui_Hawaii.html). Her rooms have recently been updated, and she's right on a Maluaka Beach; quite swimmable and guests of the Maui Prince get complimentary beach umbrellas and chairs.

-Jen

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,371 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best hotel/resort to stay w/ swimmable beach in Wailea

Maui Prince probably has the best beach and isn't overrun with chaise lounges. It's a pretty long beach as well.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
64 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best hotel/resort to stay w/ swimmable beach in Wailea

thanks everyone for their input!

now, can anyone recommend the best web sites to secure a good deal on a hotel + car rental package for the maui prince?

~ thanks!

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
11,270 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best hotel/resort to stay w/ swimmable beach in Wailea

>>>now, can anyone recommend the best web sites to secure a good deal on a hotel + car rental package for the maui prince?<<<

If the Muai Prince's web site doesn't have a car/room combo..give them a call.

Even if they have a combo rate on their web site I'd still give them a call and see what they are offering.

We have gotten some better deals on the phone that on the websites.

I don't go with third party booking companies but some do.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
11,270 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best hotel/resort to stay w/ swimmable beach in Wailea

princeresortshawaii.com/maui-hotel-packages.…

8. Re: best hotel/resort to stay w/ swimmable beach in Wailea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 18, 2010