We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale watching, snorkling and seasickness

Murrieta, CA
Level Contributor
197 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Whale watching, snorkling and seasickness

I tend to get very sea sick, and on our last trip to Maui I tried ocean Kayaking. I of course got sick. I have been on several cruises and do just fine. My question is, what are the best and largest boats available for whale watching or snorkling. Do any of them have stablizers. Is there anyone else who suffers from sea sickness who has had success doing either of these activities. Medicine and wristbands don't seem to help me much.

Thanks

Diane

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whale watching, snorkling and seasickness

Have the same problem Diane...UGH!

Navatek is your best bet. Don't get suckered-in by Maui Princess; made that mistake earlier this year and gave serious consideration to swimming for shore.

Try Ginger Extract & 1/2 original Drammine (any more really spaces me out) + a caffeine pill if necessary to offset the sleepies. What ever you do, don't try the old "focus on land" baloney. Your problem is probably caused by conflicting signals, received by the brain, from your eyes & inner-ear. If you look at land, it sends the signal " steady as she goes" while your ears are yelling oopsie daisey.

Tried the wrist bands (even the battery model) &, like you, wasted $'s.

Good luck; no fun for us OR those that have to put up with with all the moanin/groanin & whatever else.

Dodge

PS: got sick on an excalator a few months ago, see; it could be worse!