We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sugar Cane Burning

Madison, WI
2 posts
Save Topic
Sugar Cane Burning

My family is traveling Puamana Resort in Maui for my parents 30th wedding anniversary and my mom is plagued with severe asthma and chronic allergies and sinus problems. My question is if anyone knows whether she will even be able to enjoy herself at our townhouse on the end of the puamana resort or will she be in misery because of the sugarcane burning?? Now I'm aprehensive rather than excited about our vacation.

California
Level Contributor
270 posts
1 review
Save Reply
31. Re: Sugar Cane Burning

Boy I take a week off from this forum and look at all I have missed. Spankings, Beer Rhetoric, Spankings, oh I already said that, well still it's nice to know you can always come back to a familiar place.

On two separate occasions I have been in Kihei while they were burning some cane fields. Both times the smoke was minimal. My wife has asthma and was not effected.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Sugar Cane Burning

Kama, I would never, ever ignore you! Hum, does your wife know about this spanking obsession you have? LOL.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Sugar Cane Burning

The spanking fantasies began, and will never go beyond, the Ultimate: LittleLisa. Kama does have a problem with talking (confessing) in his sleep; a few mornings ago Mrs.K asked "who is Lisa?" In a moment of creative cleverality (say what?), OK (ole Kama) responded that it was the name of the new baby tortoise we recently discovered in the back yard. When Wifie then asked if I always puckered-up for baby turtles (have no idea what the plural is for tortoise), I brilliantly responded: Huh?

Tonight, the plan is for Jose Cuervo enhanced Lava Flows; Mrs. K will be out of it by 8:30 & OK will accidently pass-out in his recliner; the secret will remain ours Lisa! (Jody; if Kwils or Sherpa rat me out, please honor my memory with appropriate/NASTY revenge.)

California
Level Contributor
270 posts
1 review
Save Reply
34. Re: Sugar Cane Burning

No worries !

I would never rat you out !!

BTW that's some funny Sh**, very quick thinking !!!

Vallejo, California
Level Contributor
443 posts
Save Reply
35. Re: Sugar Cane Burning

Kama, m'dear, I've got your back - I'll get'em for ya!!

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Sugar Cane Burning

Uh oh; just when I thought I was in the clear: "Quite an interesting little conversation on TA Big Boy (that's the signal that Kama's in trouble). You, and most of the guys in the office have such amusing fantasies".

Now excuse me, but don't like the sound of that at all! Part of me says Get to the bottom of this, but then I recall the adage: "When in deep hole, quit digging".

Advice from worldly woman, or expert thereof (now that's a delusional condition); in other words HELP!

Northern California
1 post
Save Reply
37. Re: Sugar Cane Burning

My wife and I have stayed in Puamana 4 times, for a total of 9 or 10 weeks. We have been there in December, January, February, March, and September. We have not been aware of any smoke from burning cane fields any of those times. It is my understanding that cane smoke is a bigger problem in south Maui, e.g. Kihei. I read the Maui News on-line, and there are smoke-oriented exchanges in the letters column that generally focus on Kihei. BTW, I really like Puamana, especially oceanfront -- posted a review once, but it has timed out.