We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are There Airffare Deals For January 2006 Now?

Florida
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Topic
Are There Airffare Deals For January 2006 Now?

We need to get to Maui from Tampa Jan 2006.

I'm finding fares in the $900 range now.

Aloha Airlines has some great fares now for travel by Dec.15th, unfortunately no good for us.

Does anyone know of any deals at this time for Jan 2006 travel?

When would be the best time frame to get the best deal for Jan 2006?

Thank You!

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Are There Airffare Deals For January 2006 Now?

Between Dec 15 and Jan 15 is peak travel season and there are few deals. Some years we have been able to get some good last minute deals on airfare going FROM Maui tothe mainland at that time because so many planes fly here full and fly back empty. If you are traveling after the holidays, say from mid to late January, then there are usually some better fares at that time. But it is too early for that now and with the price of fuel the way it is and the airlines in the state they are, who is to say what will ahppen between now and then, yeah?

Kauai / Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Are There Airffare Deals For January 2006 Now?

I guess it depends on where you leave from, but some of the best deals I've found have been even before the 15th. Last year I think I found Jan. 12th LA to Kauai for $425 and this year was $387 for Jan. 19th. both on Hawaiian Airlines. It will obviously cost more from Tampa, but just wait a bit until the winter fares come out. You may want to sign up for Aloha and Hawaiian's frequent flyer programs so you can start getting their specials e-mailed to you.

Florida
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Are There Airffare Deals For January 2006 Now?

Thanks kwils,

We are traveling there on the 5th and returning on the 15th.

Florida
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Are There Airffare Deals For January 2006 Now?

Can anyone tell me about when the winter fares come out?

Thank You!

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are There Airffare Deals For January 2006 Now?

ez, it has been my experience that about late October is when they will start showing winter fares. Assumeing the dates that you are traveling are not blacked out.

The best deals I have gotten by booking about 8-10 weeks before I plan on traveling.