We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any Albertan's out there for info on trip to maui?

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
161 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Are there any Albertan's out there for info on trip to maui?

Hi,

We are going to Maui Mar 4-18, 2006. I am interested on what price you have paid to fly to Maui from Edmonton or Calgary, so that I know what is a good price.

Thanks

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any Albertan's out there for info on trip to maui?

I know you can fly with Harmony Airways out of YYC. Ask your travel agent. It is a direct flight and nice planes.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
161 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any Albertan's out there for info on trip to maui?

Thanks for your help!

Anyone else?

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
6,323 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there any Albertan's out there for info on trip to maui?

Well, at least now I know what an Albertan is!! We Americans can be so provincial!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there any Albertan's out there for info on trip to maui?

....... or in this case so NOT provincial !!

Sparwood, B.C.
Level Contributor
552 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there any Albertan's out there for info on trip to maui?

As of Dec. 6, 2005 Harmony will be flying direct flights to Maui from Calgary. They leave on Fridays and come back on Fridays. We paid about $1200 each with taxes and insurance and likely paid a bit more since we were going for 10 days so the Friday to Friday thing didn't work for us. We had to book West Jet to Vancouver and then catch Harmony out of Vancouver on the way there but are flying back direct to Calgary with Harmony. I hear good things about this airline.

We are going in January and I can hardly wait!

Canada
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are there any Albertan's out there for info on trip to maui?

I booked our Calgary to Maui (return) flights at the end of August. We leave on the 10th of February, 2006 and return on the 24th (2 weeks-Friday to Friday/Sat a.m. arrival). I got a great deal online through Expedia as the total came to $1410 for two, all taxes and fees and surcharges included. I was watching the prices and decided to book ASAP when the price started to go up because I wanted specific dates. For some odd reason I have yet to fathom, my price went down by $200 while I was booking. At the same time, the price through the Harmony website and Travelovocity jumped $400 -$600 for both of us (I had them on another screen while booking).

This ticket price is $60 p/p less than we paid last March, flying AC through Vancouver, with an overnight flight back.

Last Feb/March, Skyservice was dumping flights for under $500 but we opted for more leg room and luggage allowance, plus Aeroplan with AC. Some of the reviews of Skyservice were remarkably bad.

I am hoping that the reviews of Harmony are correct and that it isn't another SkyService or Transat!

I really don't quite understand how the prices work! Supply and demand? They seem to change minute by minute.

Try and see what a travel agent can pull up (mine @ AMA told me to book it myself, she couldn't touch it). Or, keep checking Travelocity and Expedia. Also, you can find hotel/air deals through Harmony vacations and Expedia.

The odd thing is, through Expedia, we were issued PAPER TICKETS, for an airline which is ticketless. I phoned Harmony to find out what the deal was and to make sure I wasn't on standby or something stupid like that. I haven't flown with paper tickets for ages! While I was enquiring about the paper tickets, I asked about our seat assignments. Glad I did as Expedia had booked our two seats, oh about 20 rows apart, which was corrected by Harmony.

Also, watch for the United/AC flights. While the price might be right, the connections are horrid and the United planes we have flown to Hawaii on were extremely old and uncomfortable.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are there any Albertan's out there for info on trip to maui?

In case it wasn't totally clear, as I rambled on in the previous post, we booked on HARMONY AIRWAYS.

exp
Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
170 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are there any Albertan's out there for info on trip to maui?

We are currently living in Calgary, and just booked a trip to Maui through Sell-off Vacations for March 24-31. It was an ubelievable price for the Westin Maui oceanview room and rental car. Evidentally the kids stay free. Our flight is with Harmony Airlines non-stop from Calgary---all booked through Sell-off Vacations which used to be Sun Holidays. Check it out.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are there any Albertan's out there for info on trip to maui?

Yes, definitely check out Selloffvacations.com, as the previous post noted. I was checking the site for a friend and the prices were great, the flights were direct with Harmony and the packages I was pulling up included the car.

Also look at tripcentral.ca but bear in mind when comparing packages that tripcentral includes the taxes in their price right away whereas selloff will calculate the total cost after you have checked availability.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
161 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Are there any Albertan's out there for info on trip to maui?

Thanks for all your replies! They have helped me out a lot!