We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundromat

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
245 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Laundromat

Is there a laundromat in Lahaina that does wash and fold? I don't want to spend my precious holiday doing the family's ironing.

santa barbara
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundromat

Aloha julesh,

Where are you staying? That will help us give you more accurate info. Lahaina covers a large area.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundromat

(psst. no one irons on Maui)

santa barbara
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundromat

I thought maybe that was just one of those cute Australian expressions that stands for washing and folding. Isn't it against the law to iron on Maui? I know it is here in Santa Barbara:-)

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
245 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundromat

No Ironing!

Now that sounds like a dream.

But I will need to get some clothes ironed as I don't thibk I can break the habit of not having my clothes ironed in just 1 week.

We are staying at Aina Nalu - I gather it is walking distance to the main street of Lahaina. We will also have a hire car.

Is there any laundromats near here?

Boston
Level Contributor
421 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Laundromat

"Lahaina covers a large area." ?????

SantaBarbara, Lahaina is a very small town with a population of 9,000 and it is about a mile long by six blocks wide. The question can't be any plainer ! Do you know if there is a laundromat in Lahaina or not ???

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,165 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laundromat

Actually most "Dry Cleaning services" will do that for you, and there are a lot of them..where are you staying? Most of us go with condos with inroom washer and dryer...good luck

santa barbara
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Laundromat

Aloha Rusty,

You are absolutely correct about Lahaina Town being small , but the "Lahaina" address covers a large area of Maui...just wanted to be sure about which area they were in.

Ok to answer the question... the Aina Nalu does have washer and dryer in the 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom rooms, but if you want to send your laundry out you can bundle it up and bring it to the front desk and they will send it out to be cleaned, it may be a bit expensive. I had a jacket cleaned last time I was on Maui and it was about $7.00. I have never actually seen a laundromat in Lahaina where you bring your clothes in to be washed and folded, I think most resorts take care of sending the clothes out for you if you request it. Maybe someone who lives in Lahaina town will post in with more info on that. Hey, I agree with you, doing laundry is time consuming no matter how you look at it, for sure there are more fun things to do while on vacation!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
245 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Laundromat

I knew that the room has a washer and dryer but unfortunatly no ironing lady. I also knew the hotel will organise laundry but as you say it is very expensive.

On our last trip I spent 2 half days ironing for the family in Belgium and Tuscany - what a waste of valuable holiday time.

So this time if I can find somewhere that will just do the ironing(washing doesn't bother me) for a reasonable price - I can spand more time relaxing!

There must be somewhere the locals use

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,165 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Laundromat

Oh my God, girl! You have a washer and dryer?! Take the clothes out while damp, stretch the wrinkles out and let them hang dry! And I agree that no one on Maui gives a rip about wrinkled clothes...of course my mother was appalled that my then 4 year old didn't know what an ironing board was! I am the Queen of avoiding laundry! They have all survived! HA

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Laundromat

I would rather see you make a change to your wardrobe and not iron a stitch. I don't recall ironing a single item while on vacation but then we all wear a lot of knit fabric. There are a lot of great fabric choices out there for people who don't like to iron - like me. There are also some spray-on products that take wrinkles out. I'm not sure how effective they are though.