We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed at the Ritz Carlton Club Level?

Dallas
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone stayed at the Ritz Carlton Club Level?

Would you suggest it? I know the RC's website says it's great and all, but I haven't been able to find anybody that has mentinoed it in the forums or commentary. If you enjoyed it, what was so spectacular and if you didn't, what were the drawbacks to it?

I appreciate any and all of your thoughts/recommendations

Dallas
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Ritz Carlton Club Level?

Anybody?

Level Contributor
1,440 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Ritz Carlton Club Level?

Hellofromtex - The Club Levels at Ritz's are like those at other hotels, just fancier. I'm sure that it is quite nice. Rooms on the club level, in general, are not bigger/better than on other floors. For that you'd have to get a suite. Club levels serve breakfast in a lounge, sometimes it's just a really good continental, other times actually includes hot entrees. Not menu service, but from buffet. Drinks (non-alcoholic) are served all day - a good supply of soft drinks and coffee and water. Some club levels do include complimentary alcohol, some don't. If they don't, there's generally a bar open at least part of the day. In afternoons, there's snacks....again, fancy snacks and sometimes complimentary wine. In evenings, there's desserts, very good desserts. Ritz states they have 5 "food presentations" per day, so I'm missing two sessions here. There's always a concierge in lounge to help in any way possible. There really aren't any drawbacks....well, one being that you are paying extra for this (I bet it's about an extra $100 day at the Ritz) and you really want to take advantage of it. But, I often want to have dessert or breakfast someplace different, just to try different things. And, for the most part, you might be away from hotel mid-day I often miss the mid-day stuff. I've paid for club levels very few times. I have access to club levels at Marriotts all the time (because of MR status) and that's where my experience comes from.

Dallas
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Ritz Carlton Club Level?

thank you for your thoughts wintersummer. I booked the Club at the RC in anticipation of taking full advantage of it, but now that I've been booking all of the activities, it seems it might be a waste of $$ b/c it is quite expensive when I'll be away most of the day and I haven't heard from anybody or read other posts besides yours. Seems like a nice extra, but don't know that it'll be truly worth it. What a pain to leave the pool/beach and go to the club lounge to get a drink b/c I sure won't want to pay $10 or so dollars for a drink when I'm already paying for free ones. Ok, unless somebody gets on here with any other thoughts, I might have sold myself on getting a regular room.

Level Contributor
1,440 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Ritz Carlton Club Level?

hellofromtex - another point here....I find club levels to be really, really nice when I'm on business. Meaning, that breakfast is so much easier, just walk down the hall, and eat. If I have to work in my room in evenings, generally, I can do with the snacks + desserts that they serve and just skip dinner. And if I'm working, it's nice to be able to walk down hallway without going out or to a different floor to a soft drink machine. But, at a resort, well, the goal is to enjoy the resort, not this little enclave. I just got back from the Fairmont Mt Tremblant and had a friend on the club level. She had a regular room plus the perks. I was upgraded to a suite on the non-club floor. She and I agreed that the suite was much nicer than all the extras on the club level. Have you looked into suite at the Ritz?

Texas
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Ritz Carlton Club Level?

We enjoyed the club level at the Hyatt Regency recently. Mostly we stopped in at night to grab fruit, bottled water, soft drinks and snacks. Didn't really take full advantage of all the perks. The rooms were about the same as the regular rooms but the club level did have better quality shampoo, soap, stationary, in-room coffee, etc. All nice touches but maybe not worth $100 (?) extra per day.

Note: The same bottle of water that was free on the club level cost $3.50 everywhere else in the hotel. How many bottles of water do you need to drink to cover the upgrade to the club level?