We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aston at Papakea Resort?

Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
Aston at Papakea Resort?

Has anyone stayed at the Aston at Papakea resort? What did you think?

Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Aston at Papakea Resort?

If you rent directly from the owner, and there's a problem, the resort has no requirement to help you. That is one of the dangers with this type of rental. I've stayed at Papakea four times and never booked with the resort itself. I used to book with an outfit called HALE out of Laguna Beach, CA but they went out of business and I was led to understand that they weren't even licensed to do business in Hawaii. The last time I booked directly with the owner (found on VBRO) and had no problems. Going again next April and have booked again with the same owner.

Maybe we should start a support group in this forum asking others to check out our room before we have to pay the balance of the deposit.

I'd be willing to do this for anyone interested in a particular unit at Papakea next April.

Maybe we could start a list of individual units and our observations?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Aston at Papakea Resort?

great idea. i will be going to papakea in two weeks and booked directly with the owner. i absolutely plan on including a review of the specific room in my trip report...and hopefully a recommendation! ; - )

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Aston at Papakea Resort?

It is a great idea! I'm leaving on Sept. 1 for 7 days and booked through Aston at their Maui Kaanapali Villas property for a 1-bedroom "ocean side" room and I'll let everyone know what room we stayed in and its condition. I also used the Entertainment Card and got it for $178/night.

Morgantown, West...
Level Contributor
234 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Aston at Papakea Resort?

njteena, see you there I will be at Papakea from 8/29-9/4. then travel to kauai until 9/9.