We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Pools On Maui??

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Best Pools On Maui??

We just returned from the Hyatt on Kauai and thought the hotel had the best pools of any place we've ever stayed. Any recommendations on Maui for great pools? Our kids are 12 and 13.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
654 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Pools On Maui??

Try the pacific ocean its the largest pool of water I have ever seen. i also think its pretty nice. ok enough sarcasm, try the grand wailea if you like pools.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
48,259 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Pools On Maui??

Westin hotel/resort on Ka'anapali. The rooms aren't much, but the pools are popular.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Pools On Maui??

Many consider the Grand Wailea's series of pools connected by a river among the very best!

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,548 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Pools On Maui??

Naturally, the best pool is Maui is the one that "Caddy" is in!

I hope that didn't come across as too much "Caddy ego"!

I do like that big one called the Pacific...love the size!

5. Re: Best Pools On Maui??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:45 pm, July 15, 2008
Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Pools On Maui??

Been to the islands 4 times in the last 6 years and have only been in the pool Caddy mentioned. Fish and coral don't do well in chlorinated water. lol

Connecticut
Level Contributor
530 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Pools On Maui??

Grand Wailea and the Westin

Huahine, French...
Level Contributor
757 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Pools On Maui??

Hi TxT&E,

I love the Grand Hyatt Kauai pool too, although I love their unique sandy lagoon even better with little ones ;-). The only Hawaiian resort with arguably a better combined pools/lagoon layout is the Hilton Waikoloa Village on the Big Island, and that property was originally a Hyatt.

As for pools on Maui, you'd have to start at the top with

Grand Wailea - 9 pools with slides, waterfalls, water elevator, Tarzan rope swings, etc. making for an extravagant water park

Westin Maui Resort - 5 pools with 2 waterslides

Hyatt Regency - 2 pools with waterfalls & a 150-ft waterslide (not as expansive or as relaxing as the GHK but still plenty lush and exotic)

Fairmont Kea Lani

Ritz Carlton Kapalua (tri-level pool area, recently renovated but tends to be windy)

One (actually 2) worth mentioning that tends to be overlooked (for pools on Maui) is the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas (North & South which have shared amenities). There's even a pirate ship play area there. And best of all, having a villa is very convenient for families. And they are located beachfront.

9. Re: Best Pools On Maui??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, October 02, 2009