We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the best Dolphin Snorkeling tour for beginners?

Santa Monica...
14 posts
Save Topic
What's the best Dolphin Snorkeling tour for beginners?

Hi, I will be going to my first trip to Maui next month! Very excited and wanted to try something new so i'm researching some boat tours dealing with dolphins in Lanai.

Unfortunately there are so many choices I don't know where to pick and choose. Has anybody done one of these activities and recommend a good reputable, patient company that handles these dolphin snorkeling tours?

Thanks alot for your help!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
491 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the best Dolphin Snorkeling tour for beginners?

The best way to enjoy boat snorkeling there is to try snorkeling at shore first. If you can, get a snorkeling set and try at local pool before going. That way you learn the basics of snorkeling (using the mask, snorkel, clearing air...) beforehand. When you get to paradise, you'll have more time to enjoy rather than trying to spend time there to learn snorkeling.

Trying snorkeling the first time from the boat can be a little more challenging (need to get off the boat, in deep water, deal with waves), compared to at shore. But then if you are a good swimming and feel confident in water, it should come fairly naturally.

Mission Kansas
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the best Dolphin Snorkeling tour for beginners?

If you are hoping to see Dolphins from the boat, I suggest the trips to Lanai. They seem to advertise sighting dolphins more than the Molokini trip and there is supposed to be a pod of Spinner Dolphins that passes by Lanai each day. Pappy and Fitz both took a boat tour out that way so hopefully they will see this thread and give you some names.

Mission Kansas
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the best Dolphin Snorkeling tour for beginners?

Bump up