We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Hawaiian West Maui and Molokai v. Maui Spectacular

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
217 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Hawaiian West Maui and Molokai v. Maui Spectacular

Hello-----We will be in Maui in May and are planning to take a helicopter tour with Blue Hawaiian. Torn between the W. Maui and Molokai tour or the Maui Spectacular tour. We can only do one and will do the car drive on the road to Hana another day. Does anyone know which of the helicopter tours would be the most scenic and pack the most "bang"? Thanks for any responses. I've come to value tripadvisor more than guidebooks. Info is much more current. Thanks again.

Molokai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Hawaiian West Maui and Molokai v. Maui Spectacular

the tour that includes moloka'i sea cliffs. awsome! highest sea cliffs in the world. kahiwa falls, 1750' long. can you tell i am biased? i just wished that those copters would not circle so much over halawa valley, it really disturbs the peace there.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Hawaiian West Maui and Molokai v. Maui Spectacular

I can't compare the two but can't imagine that you would be disappointed with the West Maui/Molokai tour, its stunning. We did it in the newer EcoStar helicopter which was comfy and gave excellent views for all passengers

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Hawaiian West Maui and Molokai v. Maui Spectacular

We did the West Maui and Molokai our after reading many good things about it here. It was really beautiful.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Hawaiian West Maui and Molokai v. Maui Spectacular

Haven't tried the Spectacular rendition, but have done Blue Hawaiian's Complete Island and Maui-Molokai tours: Agree that the latter is fantastic (bettered in all of Hawaii only on the Big Island when the volcano is really letting it rip).

However, if you decide on Spectacular (including Hana and Haleakala), and it's the biggest boo-boo you make, you will have had a 99+% perfect vacation.

P.S. Imo, the Eco-Star, and DVD, are well worth the extra $$'s.

5. Re: Blue Hawaiian West Maui and Molokai v. Maui Spectacular

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, September 26, 2009