We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pupus and drinks July 18

Madison,Wisconsin
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Topic
pupus and drinks July 18

BigRedBadger and I and our hubbies are planning on trying to meet up. If you'll be around, meet us at the Sheraton Maui Lagoon Bar at 6pm to watch the cliff diver and the sunset and make a toast to all of you who can't join us but have given us so much entertainment and information.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: pupus and drinks July 18

I will be on Maui on July 18th!! I will see if I can get the hubby to come by for a drink. How will I know who you are???

janie

Madison,Wisconsin
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: pupus and drinks July 18

Hi Janie,

Glad you're up for it! Check out the thread about the Lagoon Bar/Sheraton for a description of our 2 groups. BigRed's group should be fairly easy to spot if they're standing up.

Molokai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pupus and drinks July 18

i think we gotta go to maui on the 20., staying in lahaina only 2 nights. have to deal with our audi which is being shipped over by barge.

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pupus and drinks July 18

ohhhh! I won't be there, but I'll be thinking of you. when you make that toast, just say, here's to flower: may her Maui dreams come true. I'll hoist one for you all as well, thinking of you in paradise, and me here, at work. sighhh.

madison, WI
Level Contributor
119 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pupus and drinks July 18

HiBound,

Had to chuckle :) at your response to how you might recognize us. I think we'll get along just fine. See you then, but I'll probably talk to you here before the 18th.

LA/OC
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: pupus and drinks July 18

Let me guess... it's the cheese! Wisconsin cheese!

(Just joking...)

Hale! OMG! I know what you're going through... I did that with my car many moons ago with Matson out of Honolulu to Long Beach-LA, and I will never do it again! When picking up your car (after signing more papers for release at the dock) ) bring extra gas can and fill it right there-then go to the nearest gas station to fill er up full brim. Also bring battery jumper cables- to restart yourr car. And once you get it back home, call your mechanic to see if they can remove that smog equipment if your car has it-came stock from the dealer. It affects your gas mileage in a negative way...eventhough Hawaii has no required smog check for DMV registration renewal-only safety check...

aloha,

Vicki... (local girl always traveling)

Madison,Wisconsin
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: pupus and drinks July 18

Hadn't thought about wearing our cheeseheads for identification--good for airplane safety and as a flotation device, too. Did you hear about the guy who wore his cheesehead when he crashed his small airplane and it saved his life? (Too bad we don't have any)

Atlanta
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: pupus and drinks July 18

I must draw the line...............I don't THINK I'm going to wear a cheese head LOL Now I might wear a few feathers (I'm a Redskins's fan)

janie

Madison,Wisconsin
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: pupus and drinks July 18

Yeah, I guess if we wore the cheeseheads, there would be no chance of meeting anyone--you'd run in the opposite direction! They really are best worn drunk, in 30 below weather with no shirt on. Definitely not Hawaii-wear. I will be wearing pink flips, though!

madison, WI
Level Contributor
119 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: pupus and drinks July 18

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but no cheesehead here either. I don't even own one and really don't care to get one. We'll just meet up and have a grand time. Join us if you can.