We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Troon, Scotland
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Renting snorkel equipment

Can anyone tell me how easy it is to rent snorkelling equipment. We are travelling from the UK so won't be bringing any with us! Will be be staying at the Hale Pau Hana resort in Kihei. Also how much would be hire cost. Thanks for you help.

Level Contributor
46 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting snorkel equipment

We just returned from Maui and rented equipment from Snorkel Bob's on North Kihei Dr. There is also another one on South Kihei Dr (I THINK), so one might be closer to you than the other. Rick , manager at N. Kihei was great and helped fit us with Rx masks that were as good as my glasses. Due to the specialty lenses, our equipment ran higher. The have a website that lists all the packages and different equipment. He also gave tips on good snorkeling spots.

Mission Kansas
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting snorkel equipment

We took our own but checked into buying a prescription mask for my husband so saw the costs for per day and weekly rental. Snorkel Bobs seemed to have the cheapest prices, less than 25.00 a week for a couple. This might have been a special they were advertising, but either way, the rates are much cheaper than renting them at kiosks in front of Black beach or other resorts. I know that Maui Dive shop has at least one huge store in Kehei and I imagine that Snorkel Bobs and others are located nearby.

Orange
Level Contributor
69 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting snorkel equipment

I recommend "Snorkel Bobs". There's one close by but I cannot think of which shopping center it is in. My wife and I rented all the gear for a whole day and it cost us $14. You can also rent the gear for a week which would be the best thing to do if you are staying a while. South Maui has some great snorkel spots right off some of the beaches. I recommend going to the "fishbowl" just south of Wailea. Also there is Honalua Bay in West Maui that can be a great spot. It's about a 45 min drive from Kihei. Guided trips often cost around $80 per person. I recommend doing it yourself. "Snorkel Bobs" will give you a map and some tips where to go