We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best company to use to do some fishing????????

London, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
Best company to use to do some fishing????????

Hi,

Going to maui in a couple of weeks and would like to try my hand at deep sea fishing. Can anyone recommend a company to use. Also do i need to pre book or can i book it when we are there.

Thanks

seattle
Level Contributor
2,039 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best company to use to do some fishing????????

http://www.fishmaui.com/ here is the web site to in my experience is the best. call today and get your name on the list. The sooner the better.

Mission Kansas
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best company to use to do some fishing????????

The monkey knows his fishing.

So does Jeeper.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best company to use to do some fishing????????

Jeeper gives good advice. We, too, used this web site, and Capt Mike Crawford lined our family of 5 up with a private 6 -hour charter on the Rascal out of Maalaea last Sunday (very convenient as we were staying in Makena). What a fabulous experience! While a private charter is pricy, the trip on this well-equipped, clean and professionally operated boat is well worth it! Capt Kevin and first mate Deli were great. Our first time fisherwoman hauled in a 40 lb. Ono (wahoo), and two others pulled in more normal sized 20 pounders! Deli made sure we got enough of the catch for a meal (actually lunch the next day as well). You can't go wrong with this boat! We can't speak highly enough of our experience!

montana
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best company to use to do some fishing????????

Did you have any problems with sea sickness? I've packed Dramamine(?) just in case. Should we pack sweats & jackets?

seattle
Level Contributor
2,039 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best company to use to do some fishing????????

No need for the heavy clothing. Although thake sunscreen and long sleeve shirts there is lots of sun. Light long pants if you don't like to use sun screen. As far as sea sick that is up to you. I don't have a problem but many people do.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best company to use to do some fishing????????

No, we did not have problems with sea sickness, but 4 of us are seasoned fisherpersons and know the tricks (mainly, stay in the fresh air...), and the fifth, who gets motion sickness, got a patch (not sure where or what kind...she brought it from home) and wore that with no trouble. Of course, she was the first-timer who caught the 40 pounder so probably didn't have time to worry about sickness.

As far as clothing is concerned, I work under the policy that it is better to peel off than wish you had brought more. With that said, it's different here. We started out at 6:30 a.m., and it was pretty hot then. The good part of this boat was that there was shade on the bridge, and the cabin was air-conditioned, although as I said, it's not good to stay cooped up in there for very long. Bring a light long-sleeved shirt, something to cover your legs, a hat and plenty of sunscreen. You need to bring your own food and drink (lots of bottled water if sea sickness is a problem, too), and they provide the ice and cooler.