We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Maui airport "lei greetings" do you recommend?

Greenwood, South...
Level Contributor
217 posts
358 reviews
Save Topic
Which Maui airport "lei greetings" do you recommend?

Hi, I thought I'd really surprise my husband with an official "Lei greeting" upon arrival at the Maui airport. Has anyone ever purchased this before? Any recommendations are greatly appreciated?

Hartford, CT
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Maui airport "lei greetings" do you recommend?

i'd also like to know about this....do you need to buy it in advance or when you get off the plane can you just toss someone $10 to get lei'd? I want to do this for my wife....she'll love it

Bellevue, WA
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Maui airport "lei greetings" do you recommend?

After many years with the same travel agent, we switched this year and when I purchased our tickets yesterday she asked me if we were interested a Lei greeting.

I told her no but said I had never been asked that before.

She said they have so many people that were disappointed about not getting one that it is now standard practice for them to ask.

I honestly would not have thought that it was that big of a deal.

Sparks, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Maui airport "lei greetings" do you recommend?

I've only had one once, when we used Pleasant Hawaiian Holiday's back in the early 80's. Not sure if they even do it anymore...?

island

Bellevue, WA
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Maui airport "lei greetings" do you recommend?

We always buy a Lei on the first grocery trip and hang in in an open window. The trades fill the condo with the great smell.

Vallejo, California
Level Contributor
443 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Maui airport "lei greetings" do you recommend?

we booked through AAA/Pleasant Holidays and leis were offered 'free' - my kids will like it, so why not? I'm only interested in finding a puakenekene lei to bring home for myself - love that scent!

WA
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Maui airport "lei greetings" do you recommend?

The only one I know of is, http://www.getleidinhawaii.com/.

I'll be ordering one for my wife today. I don't know of any others so I hope this company will be decent. $25 doesn't seem to be too extravagant.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Maui airport "lei greetings" do you recommend?

try the search bar - I know this topic has been discussed before and I think Pilikia had some answers. Here is a reply I found:

Here's another that I found - seemed to have the best price on Lei Greetings - not sure about anything else.

http://www.hawaiitravelnetwork.com/hawaii/index.php/shop/browse_tours/Maui/Lei+Greetings

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Maui airport "lei greetings" do you recommend?

Pappy, what a great idea! I am going to do that!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Maui airport "lei greetings" do you recommend?

I noticed that Star Market had a much better selection of leis than the other grocery stores this time around.

California
Level Contributor
907 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Maui airport "lei greetings" do you recommend?

I purchased my air and car thru a large West Coast Hawaii travel agency. The Lei greetings were included in the price. Something to consider.