We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good hotel/condo rates

ontario
Level Contributor
462 posts
1 review
Save Topic
good hotel/condo rates

Hi all. Can anyone answer this for me? Whenever I read tripadvisor reviews of hotels, I read about these great rates some people are paying. They are always WAY lower than anything I can find. The latest is for the Maui Aston Banyan condos. I read that someone on this forum paid $110 US/nite. That's less than 1/2 the rate I'm finding. I'm obviously missing something. Help!!

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
2,387 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good hotel/condo rates

What time of year are you going?

California
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: good hotel/condo rates

check the post " condo recomendations?" by stl cardinals. some people have given good suggestions there.

ontario
Level Contributor
462 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: good hotel/condo rates

We're going march break 2006.

ontario
Level Contributor
462 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: good hotel/condo rates

thank you surferwannabe. I'll check out all those sites.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
2,387 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good hotel/condo rates

We went in March this year and it is high season (paid way more than we did in September). Try vrbo.com or a condo rental company. Aston prices are usually always more than the smaller condo companies that have units in the same complexes. Aston is a good company but we never use them because of their prices.

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: good hotel/condo rates

Renting by owner can save you a lot of money but make sure you view the condo first because if you get there and don't like it your out of luck. Make sure you ask a lot of questions and if you feel like the owners are not willing to answer or you are putting them out don't rent from them.

I have rented through mauiownercondos.com. I also recommend VRBO and many local realestate companies have vacation rentals as well. I recommend Bello Realty for inexpensive but great units.

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
977 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: good hotel/condo rates

canadianmo, I think Kihei would be your best bet for your first night. Since you are staying in Lahaina for your trip (west side), why not try out Kihei (south side) for that first night? I recommend you contact Lynn Wolff at www.choice1.com/113.htm, she owns a condo at the Maui Vista and our friends just booked a room for $80 thru her. She may be able to help you. Have you done research? There was a similar question posed about 2 hours ago.

Mentioned in this post
Kihei
Kihei
Maui, HI
Lahaina
Lahaina
Maui, HI
Maui Vista Resort
Maui Vista Resort
328 Reviews
Maui, HI
Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
977 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: good hotel/condo rates

sorry canadianmo, my previous post was meant for 'justmeincal' who posted something similar.

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: good hotel/condo rates

We have also benefited through Aston hotels before with our entertainment card, 50% at the Mahana during low season. Not a bad deal at all and they are great about offering other units if you don't like the one they gave you.