We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm here now! Wind?

Tyler, Tx
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
I'm here now! Wind?

We're in Maui on our honeymoon and I've used this forum a ton to plan. We're staying at the Maui Kai. Is the wind that's kicked up late this afternoon gonna be the norm this time of year or is it just the storm that looks like it's rolling in from the west? I'm just a poor boy from Texas, help me understand these tradewinds please, lol. Thanks to all in advance!

California
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm here now! Wind?

Tradewinds kick up every afternoon. Let's check the forecast!

California
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm here now! Wind?

Central Valley-

TONIGHT:

Mostly clear with isolated showers. Lows 66 to 75. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

WEDNESDAY:

Mostly sunny. Isolated showers in the morning. Highs around 86. Northeast winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT:

Mostly clear with isolated showers. Lows 66 to 76. Northeast winds around 10 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

THURSDAY:

Mostly sunny. Isolated showers in the morning. Highs around 86. Northeast winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

THURSDAY NIGHT:

Mostly clear with isolated showers. Lows 66 to 76. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

FRIDAY:

Mostly sunny. Isolated showers in the morning. Highs around 86. Northeast winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

FRIDAY NIGHT:

Mostly clear with isolated showers. Lows 66 to 76. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

SATURDAY:

Mostly sunny. Isolated showers in the morning. Highs around 87. Northeast winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

SATURDAY NIGHT:

Mostly clear with isolated showers. Lows 66 to 76. Northeast winds around 10 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

SUNDAY:

SUNDAY NIGHT:

Mostly clear with isolated showers. Lows around 73. Northeast winds around 10 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

MONDAY:

MONDAY NIGHT:

Mostly clear with isolated showers. Lows around 73. Northeast winds around 10 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

TUESDAY:

Mission Kansas
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm here now! Wind?

Stayed at Maui Kai first of May and it was always a bit windy in the afternoons. Didnt notice it much in the evenings though.

san diego
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm here now! Wind?

Now, turn off your computer and get back to your honeymoon!

nottingham, uk
Level Contributor
51 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm here now! Wind?

Every morning I went to the beach at 10am to chill and sunbathe and every morning at 11.30 I went back to the hotel pool coz the wind came and blew 10 tons of sand in my face!

Happy Honeymoon!

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm here now! Wind?

We used to stay at the Mahana and found that particular area to be very windy at times.

Bellevue, WA
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm here now! Wind?

hula;

What you are experiencing is the excess hot air left over from this forum.

Saratoga, California
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm here now! Wind?

Tradewinds kick up every afternoon brah...

Make sure to get your snorkeling done in the mornings while it's still calm and glassy...

Then kick it on dig me beach with the warm sun and winds blowing your way.....

honu_man