We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marine Surf in Ohau

USA
2 posts
Save Topic
Marine Surf in Ohau

Hello.

My family will stay in Hawaii 5 days this August.

Kids are 12 and 14 years old and we would spend almost all the time outside.

So we nee a small room to sleep and take a little rest.

Marine Surf seems good with proper price and even better with a kitchen.

However, according to tripadvisor's review, it's not clean enough.

Furthermore, there's no more reviews for a year.

I would appreciate it if you give any information about Marine Surf in Ohau.

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marine Surf in Ohau

I haven't stayed there but have you tried the Oahu forum, someone there might have some info for you.

When we were on Oahu we stayed at The Outrigger Reef on the Beach. I do not recommend this hotel, busy, noisy and huge crowds around pool fighting over lounge chairs and spots in the sun to lay.

Remember, everyone has a different opinion of accomodations, if the reviews consistantly say that it's not clean then I would keep looking for something else but if it's only one...

seattle
Level Contributor
2,039 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Marine Surf in Ohau

We stayed at the Aston Sunset. It's about three blocks off the beach. Clean rooms, nice pool and had no problem with noise. We were on the 37th floor and had a great view. It's next to the zoo so in the morning we could hear the animals waking up it was wonderful.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,957 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Marine Surf in Ohau

You might try The Breakers. We stayed there a few years ago and it was clean, quiet, a couple of blocks from Waikiki--five minute walk. Best of all, they have units with kitchenettes and an extra bedroom.

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marine Surf in Ohau

Lexi, that is so interesting, when we were on oahu I told my husband that is where I would want to stay. It reminded me of being on Oahu as a child. It feels more Hawaiian than the big new hotels.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,957 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Marine Surf in Ohau

Hula--interestingly enough, one of the reasons we stayed there, other than the fact that we could get two bedroom areas (I hate sharing a single hotel room with my kids--way too crowded!) was because I had stayed there as a teenager and remembered the place. It was exactly the same! What a trip down memory lane. I love sharing stuff like that with my kids.

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marine Surf in Ohau

That is so great, I was so dissapointed when we were on Oahu, it just wasn't what I remembered. If I were going back I probably wouldn't stay in the city again but if I did I would definately stay at The Breakers.