We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why????????

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Why????????

Okay, I have been pondering this for the last 24 hours.......Why I am addicted to this stinkin' board. I haven't been to Maui (although I am planning a trip there.) I know none of you people (I say that with humor). And frankly, peeking in here is like a Seinfeld episode, there is a whole lot of nothing going on, but it's pretty humerous.

So Rush Limbaugh calls his program, "The healthy radio addiction." Is that what this is? The healthy travel addiction support group?

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
977 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why????????

I hear you littlelisa. I'm addicted too. Funny, huh? Maybe we need help. Maybe we need a drink.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why????????

Have a lava flow for us both, since the bartenders around here don't know how to make them! Perhaps that will help!

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
747 posts
596 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why????????

that is so funny!

I am the same - I check this forum first thing in the morning and keep it open throughout the day, so I can check out the posts when I need a break from work

We are planning our first trip in September (Maui and BI)

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
977 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why????????

LL an Qiu, I guess we are all in the same boat! LL, I am in Florida now. We travel back and forth home to Kihei. So, we leave June 22. I look forward to getting back to the islands. For now, I'll have a beer. (hee, hee)

Molokai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why????????

how about a mango-banana smoothy? with vodka.

mangoes are falling on my head around here! yes i am addicted too, it is like overhearing someone's conversation. i think the reason we like it is that it feels like we got company but we dont have to mess up the kitchen and entertain them. but the best i get out of it is knowing that we are so alike. travelers who are sharing memories of hawaii and planning to go back, and me being so thankful to be here all the time.

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
977 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why????????

Halemalu, great post, yes, it is a place where we can all gather and talk / share stories. We are like the Golden Girls. Nah, ha ha ha.

Molokai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why????????

yep, i certainly fall into that age group!

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
977 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Why????????

eh Halemalu, did you ever get a chance to make jam with the guava?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
5,082 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Why????????

I don't know what you are talking about. I am not addicted. I only have like 650 posts in under 2 months. Am I sick? Oh no...what has happened to me.

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
977 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Why????????

Oh, another thing, Hale, with the mango, puree them (in a mixer) and put them in ice cube containers. When you drink champagne, put about 2 cubes of mango in it. It's so ono!! We just get the cheapy champagne from Long's , it's called Balatore or something similar to that name for $6 bottle. You'll enjoy this on a hot summer day....