We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I don't want to go home!

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
108 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
I don't want to go home!

I'm sitting on my lanai looking at the incredible ocean view for the last time ... we leave in ten hours :(

But I wanted to share with you - as I was drinking my coffee this morning, and thinking back on the last seven wonderful days, I saw not one, but two whales! I thought they'd all be gone by now, but there they were jumping out of the water and having a good old time. My first whale experience on my last day - it certainly boosted my spirits :)

Now I'm off to shower and drive around for my last few precious hours. Thanks for everyone's help with planning this trip. Words can not describe how much we've enjoyed it here.

Mahalo!

Shannon

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I don't want to go home!

Shannon, sorry you have to go home, I know how you feel. It stinks!

Sparks, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,730 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: I don't want to go home!

andialeigh~

I felt the same way last Weds morning! Sitting on my lanai dreading the trip home. With one last drive down front street, from Canoe's, all the way to Prison street, we said a sad goodbye.

I think next year we will go to Kaui. Need to explore that Island more indepth.

Lori

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I don't want to go home!

Just do what I do, cry all the way home on the plane.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,985 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I don't want to go home!

I am right there with you. I can't get my Maui Vacation out of my head, and its been 1 week since I have returned. Last night I went to Cheescake Factory, and ordered a Pina Colada just to pretend I was still there. When I looked out the window, I was sadly mistaken. Have a safe trip home, and we look forward to hearing all about your trip.

Seattle, WA. USA
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I don't want to go home!

FitzLA - Take a look at this. Does this sound like you?

http://www.epinions.com/content_1893048452

Ken

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I don't want to go home!

Fitz, I feel so bad for you, I am already dreading the end of our trip and we haven't even left yet.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,985 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I don't want to go home!

Ken...Yes it does sound like me, and I might be just the same when I get there. It has been a long time coming. My parents went several times when I was a kid, but I got to stay home with the grandparents. Might I ad that you are quite the articulate writer. Are you a writer by profession? Thanks for all the great tips.

Tim

Seattle, WA. USA
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I don't want to go home!

Thanks Tim,

No, writing is just a hobby - though I think from time to time about submitting some articles for the travel mags - and am slowwwwwwwwwly writing a fantasy novel (that may never get finished).

Ken

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,985 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I don't want to go home!

Good luck on that novel. You should submit to the travel mags. You are great at it.

Seattle, WA. USA
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I don't want to go home!

Thanks,

I wrote that "addiction" article in jest, but as many who have been to any location in Polynesia know (or to a certain degree at least, to any tropical destination), there is some truth to it. On the Tahiti-Explorer board they refer to the symptoms as the "Tahitian Flu".

Ken