We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping for maui

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
shopping for maui

I need to stop shopping for our Maui trip, I keep finding things I think I might need. I even bought my husband some new clothes and he said he didn't want anything new so I returned them and got more stuff for me! Then everytime I buy a new outfit I think I need flops to match! Our son is the most stylish kid on the beach and he could care less. I don't like to shop on the island though and want to be prepared!

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: shopping for maui

flwr, my garden has been spectacular this year, however, everything is blooming right now even stuff that usually blooms in july and august. I think it's because the winter was so mild. I can grow magnolias, peonies and Katsura Trees. I have two Magnolias, one is older an is pretty incredible looking and a new one that I planted last year, my peonies are blooming and my roses are going crazy. I have never taken the master gardner prgram but know people who have, I do belong to a garden club though.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,985 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: shopping for maui

Shop!! Shop!! Shop!!!! Always shop first, especially when there are good sales. Haven't I tought you anything??!!

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: shopping for maui

Fitz!! I'm shopping! I'm shopping!

montana
Level Contributor
178 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: shopping for maui

Fitz- I'm shopping impared. I haven't been able to shop for clothes very much in the past 7 years, really buying only the bare necessities. Now I have a little extra money to spend and I would like to get some new things but don't know where to start. Please help. We use to have Dear Abby for helping with most things but now we have Dear Fitz to help with our wardrobes. Thank God.

Yesterday, my oldest son was having a meltdown. He went to town (Bozeman-30 min away) and on his way home a semi drove past and kicked up a rock and put a hole in the windshield right in his line of vision. Two minutes down the road past that an officer of the law pulled him over for speeding. When the lad gave him his info the officer found out that when the lad was younger and even less wise he had gotten and MIP. Well, he went to court and payed his fines and took his punishment BUT.. never did all of the community service. So, he had to pay $200 on the spot for bond to appear in court on Wed morning. Oh, did I mention that the reason he had went into town in the first place was because he was moving into a new little rental house that the landlord told him he could have his cat but that same morning (yesterday) when he picked up his keys the landlord (very nicely) told him he changed his mind.

Hence, I spent most of the day trying to find all the good things he has going for him and reminding him of his own spritual beliefs. My trip to town then was less then fun and my shopping became limited. I ended up having all 3 of my kids with me and buying just flowers for the garden.

Today I plan to go by myself and try for the clothes and shoes. So if anyone is out there tell me what I should look for first.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: shopping for maui

Ahy Junkie, my son is done with school here in Fl. and yesterday I rewarded him by telling him he is grounded until we leave next week. I cannot take any chances of anything going wrong, and what happen to your son (the 21 year old, right?) is the exact fear I have. Mine is a new driver.

Thank goodness, at least he was not hurt.

I forget if you mentioned previously if he was going with you.

But anyway, if this happened to me, I'd get him out of trouble . It is really that landlord persons fault this happened.