We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaanapali beach hotel, oceanfront rooms

ohio
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kaanapali beach hotel, oceanfront rooms

Has anyone stayed in either the Moloka blg. or the Kauai blg. in the oceanfront rooms? Want to know if price is worth it? Have heard that only the Maui bldg. is better because they are updated.

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
ohio
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Kaanapali beach hotel, oceanfront rooms

bump

ohio
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kaanapali beach hotel, oceanfront rooms

bump

OKC, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Kaanapali beach hotel, oceanfront rooms

I have a reservation coming up and found the following when I called them:

The Moloka'i wing is newer and is non-smoking. It is 3 stories and does not have an elevator, and there are no bathtubs in the rooms, only showers.

The Kaua'i wing is older and the only non-smoking rooms are on I think the 4th and 5th floor. There is an elevator and the rooms have tubs.

I know it wasn't exactly what you were asking but I'll try to find/reply to your link in 2 weeks after I go.

ohio
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Kaanapali beach hotel, oceanfront rooms

Thank You. Have a wonderful trip!

Michigan
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kaanapali beach hotel, oceanfront rooms

I recently stayed in a fourth floor oceanfront room in the Kauai wing of Kaanapali Beach Hotel for 2 nights (April 29th and 30th). This cost me $300 per night. I think a garden view room goes for $200 per night. Was it worth the extra $100 per night? It was for me since it was my first time in Hawaii, I really wanted to stay oceanfront at least once during my vacation, and it was only two nights. If I was staying there all week, I would probably try to get one of the recently renovated rooms in the Maui wing. These looked very nice from the outside. Our room definitely wasn't modern but was very clean. This is all I cared about since we didn't spend much time there anyway.

For me, the main benefit of the oceanfront room was that you could easily hear the surf while sleeping. This was extremely relaxing and was a great way to begin my first visit to the islands. I originally considered spending the first 2 nights at one of the fancy hotels in Wailea, but after spending at least twice as much these hotels wouldn't have put me anywhere near as close to the ocean.

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Wailea
Wailea
Maui, HI
Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,758 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kaanapali beach hotel, oceanfront rooms

MamaC, I guess I thought you had already gone and were back....glad you posted again. When are you going?

The Maui and Lana'i wings are the renovated wings. See website for bldg layout. We stayed in the Lana'i wing in Feb of 2004 and were very pleased. (I had requested a renovated wing) I guess if you plan to spend a lot of time in your room or really need the sound of the ocean at night(Yum) then it would be worth the oceanfront prices.

Check with the hotel reservations people to see if any of the other wings have been re-done.

ohio
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Kaanapali beach hotel, oceanfront rooms

We are not going until the beginning of June 2006. Not making reservation until July so trying to get everything organized for the travel agent. Thank you for your reply.

Texas
Level Contributor
69 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kaanapali beach hotel, oceanfront rooms

We just returned today --- so sad! We stayed in the Moloka'i wing - not an ocean front - partial view. This wing wasn't renovated, but it was clean, and a large room. It had only a shower not tub. A day bed for a couch, table and chairs -- much better than the standard bed, table & 2 chairs. I thought this hotel was a great place to stay, not only because the staff was so nice, but because it is in such a great location. The beach is beautiful and within walking distance to Whalers Village and plenty of restaurants. Our travel agent was going to put us in the Hyatt and it wasn't available, and after going I am glad we didn't stay there - the beach was not nearly as large as the KBH.

Texas
Level Contributor
69 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kaanapali beach hotel, oceanfront rooms

We just returned today --- so sad! We stayed in the Moloka'i wing - not an ocean front - partial view. This wing wasn't renovated, but it was clean, and a large room. It had only a shower not tub. A day bed for a couch, table and chairs -- much better than the standard bed, table & 2 chairs. I thought this hotel was a great place to stay, not only because the staff was so nice, but because it is in such a great location. The beach is beautiful and within walking distance to Whalers Village and plenty of restaurants. Our travel agent was going to put us in the Hyatt and it wasn't available, and after going I am glad we didn't stay there - the beach was not nearly as large as the KBH.

ohio
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Kaanapali beach hotel, oceanfront rooms

bump