We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

XP: Maui and Kona

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
XP: Maui and Kona

Hi, my husband and I are planning a trip to Hawaii (first time) next May. We are wanting to stay in Maui for 4 nights and Kona for 4 nights (is it worth it to island hop for only 4 days each?). Can you please give some recommendations on the following:

Hotels

Must See - Thing to Do

Must Go To - Place to Eat

Luaus

Shopping

Any any other advice would be greatly appreciated!

Maui Charms
Gift & Specialty Shops
Kihei Farmer's Market
Flea & Street Markets
Whalers Fine Jewellery
Gift & Specialty Shops
Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,295 posts
84 reviews
1. Re: XP: Maui and Kona

more info about yourself would help

how old

hotel or condo

active --swimming snorkeling etc

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
2. Re: XP: Maui and Kona

That would probably help huh!

We are in our late 20's, so we want to do the site seeing and stuff during the day, and relax and chillout during the evenings. We want to stay at a hotel, planning on getting a rental car, and going to a luau and heliocopter ride. And of course I'm looking to do some shopping while I'm there (jewelry, accessories, etc.)

We weren't able to take a honeymoon (just got married in May) so this is kind of like our honeymoon on our 1st anniversary.

3. Re: XP: Maui and Kona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, September 10, 2009