We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What fish, fruits, vegetables, and meats are most abundant...

California
Level Contributor
907 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What fish, fruits, vegetables, and meats are most abundant...

Every area of the U.S. has food that is popular for the area. When I lived in Michigan, Scodd was a popular fish to eat.

So I'm wondering, what fish, fruits, vegetables, and meats are most abundant in Maui? I'm assuming that these items would be the least expensive to purchase, while other items (I heard lettuce is expensive in Maui) are more expensive.

California
Level Contributor
907 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: What fish, fruits, vegetables, and meats are most abundant...

Long Pig... Ohhhhh! My-godddddddd! You haven't experienced Hawaii if you haven't made amends with your enemy by serving him at a Long Pig party!

Thanks Chico. Coffee hasn't kicked in yet (it hard to get those Valley voice inflections into print).

Molokai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: What fish, fruits, vegetables, and meats are most abundant...

chicogirl, kaunakakai wharf is on molokai. the ferry from lahaina comes here 3x daily now.

Bellevue, WA
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: What fish, fruits, vegetables, and meats are most abundant...

MauiHereIcome;

Sorry I'm a bit late in jumping in here.

Look for the Hawaiian Gold, low acid pineapples or the Sugarloaf.

If you can find the Sugarloaf, they are so sweet, they will bring tears to your eyes.

Sparwood, B.C.
Level Contributor
552 posts
Save Reply
34. Re: What fish, fruits, vegetables, and meats are most abundant...

Venture Man: I am likely older than you and do remember the bags of margarine with the color dye inside. Besides Spam, we also had canned meat called Klick (spelling?). I think kippered herring is what we called sardines. I loved and ate all that stuff when I was a kid. Still do love smoked oysters.

Mission Kansas
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
Save Reply
35. Re: What fish, fruits, vegetables, and meats are most abundant...

Pappy,

Thanks for the advise, now if only I was still there to try one. And I miss the passion fruit so much, that juice is amazing!

Ooops, I appear to be drooling!

Bellevue, WA
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: What fish, fruits, vegetables, and meats are most abundant...

Passion and Guava juice are available at one of our local food stores. I kept them in business until this diet put the kibosh on all fruits and fruit juices for awhile.