We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting a headache on deciding where to stay

Parma Heights, Ohio
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Getting a headache on deciding where to stay

So many opinions and I think I've looked at every condo rental on the island. have narrowed it down to a villa at Kapalua Ridge or the complete other end of island - a private studio rental in August, not directly on the beach but on a hillside with an ocean view and a private pool.

we love to snorkel so we want some nice beaches in the area and want to be able to eat out in the area.

Kapalua is air conditioned unit and the studio is not but owner has said there is a breeze blowing that cools the accomodation.

It's just my husband and myself and we are celebrating our 25th anniversary. Don't particularly want a lots of kids around (although I have 7 grandchildren). More opinions please.

Parma Heights, Ohio
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting a headache on deciding where to stay

sorry, fogot to say studio rental is in Wailea

Level Contributor
867 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting a headache on deciding where to stay

You didn't mention how long you would be staying, but normally you get a price break if its a weekly rental...so if you're staying 2 weeks , why not 1 week in each location, and get to know both areas?? Aloha

Spokane, WA
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting a headache on deciding where to stay

I would say the Kapalua location. That is a very nice area and closer to drive to Lahaina for shopping and eating. The Kapalua area is quiet and very beautiful, where as Wailea to me is too upscale and a much further drive to Lahaina.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting a headache on deciding where to stay

You say you have looked at just about every condo - make sure you check the website for polynesian shores - you might really like it. it's a quiet complex right on the water, with a lovely deck that sits at the waters-edge, and each condo has a nice lanai that faces the ocean. It is south of Kapalua, close to great snorkeling beaches and shopping and places to eat. Close by is the Mahina surf, which is pretty much identical. Rates run 100-280 depending on the unit and season- one bedrooms avg about 125.