We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for those who have stayed at Embassy Suites

Kentucky
Level Contributor
51 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Question for those who have stayed at Embassy Suites

I understand the Kaleialoha is next door to the Embassy Suites. Do you remember seeing it? Does anyone know if you can walk from one resort to the other? Nobody seems to know anything about the Kaleialoha on the forum, so I thought maybe someone who had stayed at the Embassy might remember it if you knew it was next door to where you stayed. I understand that the beach in front of the Kaleialoha may have disappeared during this time period and was just hoping there would be access to the beach in front of the Embassy if that is the case.

Thanks.

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for those who have stayed at Embassy Suites

We used to stay at The Mahana a couple doors down from the Embassy Suites, we walked the beach frequently but I don't recall which complex it would be. I know Kaanapali Shores is on one side of the Embassy Suites and The Mana Kai is on the other. There really is not much of a beach to speak of past The Embassy Resort. Just kind of rocky sand and bulkhead retaining walls seperating the ocean from the complexes.

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for those who have stayed at Embassy Suites

OK, I just looked it up on wizardpub. Here's my take. It has a great oceanfront location which I personally would like but there is not a good swimming beach out front so you would have to drive elsewhere. Also, the pool is not on the oceanside which would be nice since you can't use the beach. What are your other options?

Kentucky
Level Contributor
51 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for those who have stayed at Embassy Suites

Hula04,

Thanks for looking that up for me. We were trying to figure out if we could on foot access an adjoining beach from the Kaleialoha. We understand that the beach is pretty much gone at this time of the year. We aren't big swimmers, mostly just enjoy strolling the beach early a.m. and evening. So, as good as the unit sounds, we really want to be able to walk the beach w/o having to get in the car and go to another beach to do so.

We could get something at the Papakea, but have read about the cats on the property and that is a turn off to me. Want to hear surf, not meowing cats at night. Trying to stay w/in my budget but can't find something that is oceanfront, available walking beach, and a/c for a value rate. (I know, I am dreaming,, I guess) If we were willing to pay $175 to 200 per night we could get a condo that met what I am looking for. Need to keep looking, give up some option, or splurge more I guess. My eyes are getting tired of surfing so much! ha..Thanks for your help. I don't have access to that website - need to get that book.

Sparwood, B.C.
Level Contributor
552 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for those who have stayed at Embassy Suites

On the map that I have, Kaleialoha is between the Hono Koa and Makani Sands. This is about l2 resorts north of the Embassy Suites.

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question for those who have stayed at Embassy Suites

Why don't you try the Mahana, it's just a little farther south. Nice spaciuos units with bedroom and livingroom ocean front and a great walking beach. You can walk all the way down to black rock at Kaanapali. It's a nice property, quiet, relaxing and has nice ocean front pool.

Honolulu, HI
Level Contributor
178 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question for those who have stayed at Embassy Suites

The Embassy Suites is a great property---are you traveling with kids or just you and your spouse/significant other? For families, this place just can't be beat. I would stay here if you could, as you get so much for your money...great breakfast buffet, afternoon cocktail receptions, an awesome pool, a huge room w/refrigerator, microwave, separate bedroom w/1 king or 2 dbls, PLUS sofabed, 2 tv's, A/C, etc. I suggest going on EBAY an bidding on a week at the Embassy Suites --- right now I see one listing on EBAY for the Embassy that is for the week of July 16-23, and the current bid is for $810! According to the owner, it is an OCEANVIEW 1-bedroom unit, and for $85, up to 4 occupants can eat at the daily breakfast buffet during the stay. It costs $3.50/day for hotel taxes, plus $49 for shipping, which, as a timeshare owner, is probably for the Guest Certificate that we need to buy when transferring ownership of our week to another party. So total for the week right nos is at about $885, and bidding ends in 3 days. If you want to pay $150.nt, put a bid in for $1050 and see what happens! There are a bunch of other Maui weeks up for auction as well, all by verified sellers, which means they went through a 3rd party who vouches for the authenticity of their listing. I've bought 3-4 of these myself, and have gifted severla of these to friends for honeymoons, family reunions, etc. Happy Hunting!

Honolulu, HI
Level Contributor
178 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question for those who have stayed at Embassy Suites

OOOOPS! I had the wrong dates for the listing I saw on Ebay---it is for 9/9-16, not 7/16-23 (that one is going for a starting bid of $999). I also see a week at the Westin for $950/wk, for July 9-16, and a steal a the KAHANA FALLS for May 7-14 for $595---and it's a 2 bedroom unit, sleeps 6, w/a/c...this is a beautiful property as well, not beachfront, but right across the street!

FYI, no a/c at Kaleialoha, and Papakea is kinda dumpy. Mahana is nice, but not all units have a/c. Kaanapali Shores is a step down from the Embassy. Hope this helps!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
51 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question for those who have stayed at Embassy Suites

Thanks for all the info! I am still looking:)..gotta decide soon!

Jan

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question for those who have stayed at Embassy Suites

Embassy Resort is fine if you have small children and don't mind hundreds of others but if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing trip I would look elsewhere. We had friends that stayed there when we were at the Mahana so we hung out by their pool for awhile with them. It is an extremely busy place. We liked to walk from the Mahana and have a drink at the poolside bar and listen to the entertainment and then go back to peace and quiet. Best of both Worlds.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
51 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Question for those who have stayed at Embassy Suites

We do prefer a quieter environment, so trying to find affordable rental at Mahana.