We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui Revealed

Missouri
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Maui Revealed

Should I invest in the new edition of Maui Revealed when I just bought the second one? Is it really worth it?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui Revealed

I have not personally compared both editions, but they do post updates on the website, so that should be up to date. If you have never been to Maui perhaps you will want to read some other guidebooks, look around at websites, etc., rather than buy a second copy of Maui Revealed.

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui Revealed

I agree with chicogirl, if you have never been to Maui then it might be a good idea. I didn't find the first one all that much different from the second one except for website access code. Not too sure about third.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui Revealed

Hi Chicogirl, I cannot agree with you at this point. I just checked with the website, and found out that they have removed all the updates away to encourage or force people to buy their new edition.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui Revealed

The udates are still there. They have a separate link foe them though:

http://www.wizardpub.com/maui/mauupdate2.html

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui Revealed

I should not even be answering, as I have never owned a copy of Maui Revealed! I have a Frommer's 2000 I loan out to friends! I use the web and experience to plan a trip at this point. I do like being able to see the arial photos on the MR website (used a friend's access). We don't do many "activities" when we go so I guess I don't really need it. I let my mother read some guide books before we took her this year and she drove me completely crazy with questions ( are all the farms corporate or privately owned, how many pineapples do they ship out each year, what kind of plant is that...) Pretty funny. She wanted to hang out at the library in Wailuku and do research!

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maui Revealed

Thanks Suzie for the website updates. Do not want to buy yet another copy.

Missouri
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Maui Revealed

Thanks Suzie!

Bellevue, WA
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maui Revealed

We bought the new edition of "Revealed" while on Maui last week since we forgot to take the old copy with us.

There are definitely many changes in the new version but whether they justify buying a new book or not, I can't say.

baltimore, md
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Maui Revealed

I did not know the 3rd edition is available. I checked my local book stores and cant find it. My local book store is telling me it wont be released until May. Does anyone know where I can get one? I will be leaving soon and would like to get one before I leave.

Gilbert
Level Contributor
952 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Maui Revealed

The website has links to purchase it at: http://wizardpub.com/main/ordering.html

You are right, though - it has a May 1, 2005 release date.