We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

outlet shopping in Maui

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
808 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
outlet shopping in Maui

Kay....I know someof you are roling your eyes now, but I have a 14 yr old girl and her life revolves around her friends,msn and shopping so the only thing I can give her on our trip is shopping. We have been to Maui several times but not in 2 years so I am sure there have been some changes are there any outlet stores yet?

thanks

Kihei, HI
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: outlet shopping in Maui

Nope. Maybe in another decade or two ;)

This island does not do budget very well :(

Aloha :)

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,735 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: outlet shopping in Maui

Discount would be your only option. Try Ross in Kahului.

Sue, proud owner of four $12 cotton dresses from Ross

Level Contributor
687 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: outlet shopping in Maui

aloha4now,

I have a 16 year old daughter with the same agenda.

There is so much shopping all over the island. Her favourite store was Wet Seal on Front St. almost beside Hard Rock.

There were some stores in the Kahului Queen K. Mall, like Forever 21, and a designer knock off sunglasses kiosk in the middle of the mall. I bought some D &G 's here, they have many designer names here.

She'll have a blast. Tell her to pack half and bring double the money!

Level Contributor
687 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: outlet shopping in Maui

OOps, forgot.....

Shops at Wailea have insane prices. They have decent priced stores too, but for your daughter to say she went into Louis Vuitton will be a big deal, no doubt.

We did find a good deal in Guess. A $20 dress, reg. 90. It is so cute! Look for the deals, they're out there!

Salt Spring Island...
Level Contributor
616 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: outlet shopping in Maui

Hey "neighbour"!!

I have a 15 year old......I can TOTALLY relate to the MSN Obsession, and Friends. We already live on an island (smaller than Vancouver Island!) so she is already pretty sheltered from shopping, BUT she is bring LOTS of $$ (hey, she works for it; I can't stop her), for shopping on Maui. She has been there before ( 3 years ago!) so she knows there is not a lot of clothing chains.....she is just obsessed with the Maui jewelery; and I'm sure each friend will also get a jewelery ensemble. She LOVES to Boogie Board and Snorkel, and is very excited to doing those adventures. We also have reservations to do the Zipline. Does she like to do any of those activities?

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
808 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: outlet shopping in Maui

HEY...gottaluvmaui.

Holy saltspring I think I would go crazy being at the mercy of BC ferries! My daughter has no interest in Zipline and I don`t think the condo we are staying at offers internet, I have e-mailed several times asking the question but he only seems to reply if I send him money! I have stayed in the condo before so I know the condition and grounds but we did`nt have a laptop last trip so I was hoping she could have about half hour each day with her friends.

When are you heading off and who are you flying with?

daytona beach, FL
Level Contributor
344 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: outlet shopping in Maui

Hey are the stores open late or like what are the hours? My husband and I love to shop together, yep i'm lucky, my kids love to shop as well, so i am bringing an extra suitcase/udfflebag for everyone as I had told them they can only bring 1 suicase each anyway since our condo were staying at has a washer/dryer.

I plan to go shopping, wine tasting, beaching, road to hana and the crater, sightseeing, plus renew our vows.

Anyone have any good links to some awesome hawaiian shirts i could buy for the ceremony?

CC

Salt Spring Island...
Level Contributor
616 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: outlet shopping in Maui

aloha4now.......

Yes, the life with Ferries has it's 'challenges'...to put it mildly! Hubby and I have been here for 18 years, and raising two kids has been wonderful on SaltSpring.

We are off to Maui March 19th till the 26th and staying at the Maui Hill in Kehei. Flying with Air Canada out of Vancouver. We expect it to be crazy in Maui because it is March Break; but my kids always make friends at the pool, beach, etc. Probably my daughter will be looking for a boyfriend romance while we are there....I'll have my whip out, LOL!!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: outlet shopping in Maui

Honulua Surf Company has a store in West maui and one in South Maui, they have some cute things for younger girls. She would probably like that. There is an old Navy in Kahului and a Wet Seal store in lahaina.

Colorado
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: outlet shopping in Maui

Aloha,

What condos are you staying in?