We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui Eats v1.2

seattle
Level Contributor
2,039 posts
Save Topic
Maui Eats v1.2

Here we go weekly update of places to eat on Maui. If your favorite place is not on this add to a post and I will update. Copy and paste this into a word doc print it out and take with it you. We have added flea market information and farmers market information. Some one wanted to know were to get fresh fish so that was added as well.

Seattle
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
41. Re: Maui Eats v1.2

Thought I would bump this post to see if anyone has anything interesting to add. Just trying to get as many ideas as possible for my trip!

Mission Kansas
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
Save Reply
42. Re: Maui Eats v1.2

Katie, you really cant go wrong with any of the restaurants in Lahania on the last street before you fall into the ocean! There are many to choose from. Cafe Olei's was reasonable for lunch, very tasty and sported a breathtaking view.

Maui
Level Contributor
219 posts
1 review
Save Reply
43. Re: Maui Eats v1.2

AK's Cafe in Wailuku is a great locals' place with healthy food (including vegetarian entrees).

Just make sure to call first to check on their (sometimes unpredictable) hours & daily specials & to get driving directions:

808-244-8774

Also, plan to just relax for a little while & enjoy the leisurely "Maui time" pace of the service. :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Maui Eats v1.2

Bumping this post for those who are looking for tried and true restuarant information. Of course, this is all just our Humble Opinions....

San Jose,ca
Level Contributor
406 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Maui Eats v1.2

One of our favorites, and one that isn't listed a lot id the Nalu Sushi Bar at the Marriott's Maui Ocean Club. We are real sashimi fans and my husband says this is amongst the best he has eaten anywhere, and he is a frequent visitor to Japan.

The Mango bbq ribs are also fantastic and everything is so reasonably priced. It's not just sushi either, they have chicken and burgers and a buffet if you're into that sort of thing.

The wine glasses are huge and they pour generously. But no. 1 is the location - overlooking the ocean with views of both Lanai and Molakai with tiki torches all around. A great place to see the sunset!

San Clemente, CA
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Maui Eats v1.2

Jeeper- thank you!

Do you know how early the Island Grown Market is open? We are staying in Hana for 3 days and having enough of the right supplies is something to think about.

California
Level Contributor
287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
47. Re: Maui Eats v1.2

Mauigirl, I wholeheartedly agree with you about Nalu at the Marriott! Sansei gets the most 'press,' but we find Nalu just as good and you get a view, too, unlike at Sansei. We'll have to try the ribs when we're there next month. Mahalo.

San Jose,ca
Level Contributor
406 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Maui Eats v1.2

Alohagurl, I decided a couple of year's ago that I would eat every single one of my dinners watching the glorious Maui sunsets. We've been to some really fantastic restaurants - David Paul's, Roy's, and while the food was incredible, the whole experience was a little less special because of the lack of an ocean view.

I can eat at Roy's in San Francisco and there are plenty of restaurants where I live that compare to David Paul's. To me, watching the sun go down, is almost as delicious as the food itself!