We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels on the stretch from the Hyatt to the Sheraton?

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
209 posts
13 reviews
Hotels on the stretch from the Hyatt to the Sheraton?

I'm looking for a great place to stay along this stretch, some of the amenities I would like are:

Hotel Services- Typical hotel stuff, not a time share or private room type of thing.

Awesome pool- Waterfalls, lazy river or similar, slides.

I've stayed at the Hyatt, it was OK but a long walk to Black Rock and the beach in front is...sparse?

I've noticed for my dates, 9/14-9/18 doesn't seem to be any great deals. Other than the Hyatt, Westin, and Sheraton, is there a hotel that measures up similar to those 3 that I'm missing?

Maui
Level Contributor
70,947 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Hotels on the stretch from the Hyatt to the Sheraton?

You can also rent 'hotel style' at the Marriott Ocean Club.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
48,786 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: Hotels on the stretch from the Hyatt to the Sheraton?

I like Nick's recommendation above.

I also love the Sheraton, but it may not have all the bells and whistles (pool things) you want. Gorgeous property.

I never recommend the Westin Resort and Spa.

Are you sure you don't want Wailea?

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
209 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Hotels on the stretch from the Hyatt to the Sheraton?

Wailea is good, I kinda like the buzz around whalers village and the people watching along the strip there.

I've stayed at the Grand Wailea, that's a fall back plan, that pool is awesome but I understand it's going to be closed right after we leave and I don't want to risk any early closure of the pool or other shenanigans

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
48,786 posts
19 reviews
4. Re: Hotels on the stretch from the Hyatt to the Sheraton?

<<Wailea is good, I kinda like the buzz around whalers village and the people watching along the strip there.>> Whaler's Village is on Ka'anapali Beach ... not Wailea.

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
209 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Hotels on the stretch from the Hyatt to the Sheraton?

I was referencing my previous desire in Kaanapali, but thanks for your concern. I meant to say "Though" and not "there"

Edited: 5:33 pm, May 04, 2017
Illinois
Level Contributor
253 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Hotels on the stretch from the Hyatt to the Sheraton?

Not for a deal, but for what you're looking for, on that stretch, the Westin is the best choice.... beautiful grounds, four or five pools, water slide, and the perfect location, mid-strip, right next to Whalers Village. Of the last five times we've been to Maui, the last four, we stayed at the Westin. I was tempted to stay in Wailea this next trip, but I too love the vibe of Kaanapali. Good luck to you...

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
18 reviews
7. Re: Hotels on the stretch from the Hyatt to the Sheraton?

Another vote for the Westin. I love the location and the pools are great! Also, not a far walk to Black Rock.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
405 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: Hotels on the stretch from the Hyatt to the Sheraton?

The Westin from me as well. We stay there every other year for 10-11 days at a time. Love the location. Pools are great with the ocean a few steps away. Whalers Village is next door. I would recommend staying in the Beach Tower in a premium deluxe room. They face the pool, not Whalers Village. Enjoy your time there wherever you stay. The picture next to my name is one taken from our room.

9. Re: Hotels on the stretch from the Hyatt to the Sheraton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 07, 2018