We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biking on the Island

Illinois
Level Contributor
248 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Biking on the Island

Is there a biking tour/trail/activity that does NOT involve Haleakala? We are staying in Ka'anapali, and my husband and daughter want to do a fun bike ride. I don't want them biking down Haleakala, plus they've already seen the crater. sunrise, etc.

1. Re: Biking on the Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:26 am, April 26, 2017
Maui
Level Contributor
70,164 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Biking on the Island

Check with West Maui Cycles. Super people and very helpful.

Scottsdale...
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Biking on the Island

guinivere

Fun bike ride? I think that bike rides on Maui are hard-core - roads are super-busy and/or no shoulder or bike lane. Does not seem to bother some, but not fun for the recreational rider.

I suggest your contact West Maui Cycles as ick suggested. Ask them where they recommend you ride, then get onto a site like Google maps street view - you can ride it in advance from your sofa.

Scottsdale...
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Biking on the Island

Nick, not ick. Nick is definitely not icky.

Maui
Level Contributor
70,164 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Biking on the Island

LOL, Ducks! Given the number of typos I make, no worries and def no offense taken!

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
805 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Biking on the Island

https://mauibicyclingleague.org/ is another good resource

Illinois
Level Contributor
248 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Biking on the Island

Thank you all. I, myself am against the whole biking idea. I need to convince my husband and daughter that there are better ways to spend our time.

Petersburg, Iowa...
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Biking on the Island

I don't know about down south but on the west side there seemed to be plenty of room and respect for cyclists. I'd talk to the guys at West Maui Bicycles.

Broussard, Louisiana
Level Contributor
298 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Biking on the Island

I would try to talk them out of it also. Many accidents involving bicyclists here and very aggressive drivers.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
22,765 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Biking on the Island

I mainly see what Ducks reports, hard core cyclists, leaving a trail of sweat in the hot sun.

Maui...not only not the mainland, but not Bermuda either. LOL