We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leis at the airport

Pa
Level Contributor
160 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Leis at the airport

Do you have any suggestion or comments about this! I have been looking online and the best price I have come up w/ is about $40+ for 2.

Mishele

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
546 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Leis at the airport

If you don't mind waiting... til you get to your hotel for check-in, I believe that some hotels give you a lei for free at check-in (the Fairmont Kea Lani is one of them).

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,039 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Leis at the airport

#8Fan,

the "getleidinhawaii" website has several leis to choose from. THe deluxe orchid lei I purchsed was the most expensive at around $30. They had others for half that.

As others have pointed out, there are several different places and means to get leis, but IMO, for a gift for a loved one, there is nothing like exiting the terminal and seeing the look on their face as they spot the person dressed in aloha clothing holding a card with their name on it.

~Den~

wisconsin
Level Contributor
748 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Leis at the airport

When we were ~leid~ when we got off the plane while traveling with a group thin, we weretold that if we were going to Pearl Harbor, we were to cut the string & let the flowers go in the water as a memorial.

We were the only ones doing it ....& felt kinda dorky....were we given correct info??

My Dad insists on doing that again with his grandaughters next month when we come...

Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Leis at the airport

I paid $15 for a beautiful & fragrant tuberose/orchid lei from one of the vendors at the HNL airport. I loved it. When I got home, I let it dry out and still have it as a reminder of my perfect vacation in paradise.

=^..^=

California
Level Contributor
907 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Leis at the airport

If you are on the West Coast ,and book air and car rental through Pleasant Holidays, each passenger gets a lei'd greeting at the airport. And I saved about $700 for 5 passengers besides.

Very nice to get lei'd first thing in Maui...

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,039 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Leis at the airport

I agree VMan!

~Den~

17. Re: Leis at the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, August 24, 2009