We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days is good?

Southern California
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How many days is good?

My husband and I will are planning a trip to Lanai April 1-8 and then Oahu for 2 days. I have been to Hawaii many times but my husband's first trip was earlier this year (Big Island and Maui). We are planning on staying at the FSMB. I would like to get some opinions from people who have been to Lanai before. Is 8 days too long or not enough? I really don't count the day you arrive and the day you leave, so it is more like 6 days.

Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
1,319 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days is good?

Hello Giggles --

It all depends on what you have in mind for your vacation. My husband and I stayed in Lana'i for 6 nights last month, but we could have easily tacked on another week. For the sites that we visited once, we could have gone back for a second look if we had more time. Knowing this, our next trip will be longer. We enjoy hiking on the trails, exploring the tidal pools and snorkeling very much. Those activities are not specific to one island, although Lana'i has some of the best spots to find these things. The most fascinating parts of Lana'i are found when you rent a jeep (Adventure Lana'i Ecocentre) and explore the island. This island is perfect for the adventurous types who can be entertained purely by nature. There is very little nightlife, but plenty going on during the day. I think you will be very pleased with your 6 days on the island. Lana'i is truly a hidden gem!

=^..^=

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,087 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days is good?

Aloha Giggles -

Naturecat has become a pro at giving advice on Lana'i, and I agree with all she suggests. As a Lana'i fan, I say no stay there is too long. Your 6 full days there will give you time to do some of the fun activities (check out the recent post from the person who will be staying for 2 days to get an overview of things to do). Most people's first visit to Lana'i is for just a couple days, and most wish they had stayed longer. In addition your 8 night stay will allow you to have time to relax and enjoy the beauty around you. Definately get the book Pocket Guide to Lana'i (available on amazon.com), check out all the other recent posts regarding Lana'i for more info, and let me know if you have any specific other questions. I'm sure you will have a great time. Enjoy!

3. Re: How many days is good?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, August 14, 2009