We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Oregon
Level Contributor
52 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

My husband and I are going on our first trip to Hawaii and have chosen Lanai as our place to stay. I can't tell you how excited I am about this.

We are going in March 07' and I'm curious if anyone has gone at that time of year. What is the weather like in March, are there alot of children? (have them but leaving them home).

Any help would be appreciated.

Lori

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,073 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

Aloha new2u,

We have been there in December and January, and Maui in March. Weather on Lana'i is similar to that on the leeward side of Maui, since it is just across the channel. The nice part about that is that this puts Lana'i in the rain shadow of the 10,000 foot Haleakela on Maui. Even the rainy side of Lana'i (up at the Lodge at Koele) only gets about 30" of rain per year. The dry side down at Manele Bay gets less than 8" a year. This is similar amount that Phoenix gets per year. The rainy season in the Hawaiian Islands is November thru March, so most of that 8" falls during those months. But you will see plenty of sun and temps in the low 80's in the afternoon after overnight lows in the upper 60's. A whole lot nicer than Oregon in March.

We love to visit Lana'i because of the peaceful nature of the island, and that includes less children than other islands. There are still families there, but generally things are quiet. The one place you will notice the most kids is at the only pool at Manele Bay, but if it is a busy day around the pool we just go down to Hulopoe beach (one of the best beaches in all the islands).

Have a great trip! I think you picked a perfect island for your first trip to Hawaii. You will be so spoiled by the lack of crowds and traffic, that you won't want to visit the other islands. If you want to learn more about the island check out my posts on the Lana'i Forum, visit some Lana'i web sites, and buy the book - A Pocket Guide to Lana'i - you can get it on Amazon.com.

2. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, August 16, 2009