We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few Manele Bay tips

River Falls...
Level Contributor
46 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
A few Manele Bay tips

Just stayed 4 nights at Four Seasons Manele Bay and thought I'd throw a few tips out. First, if you find yourself with time to burn at the Honolulu airport (we were waiting for our Island Air flight), you can get food at the food court and there's a nice garden area outside where you can sit and eat. Follow signs to the airline clubs and that will take you out there. At Manele Bay, my husband and I both loved the Basil Limoncello Tom Collins served out by the pool -especially refreshing when purchased at Happy Hour price! Beach Yoga and Core Conditioning classes were great, excellent instructor. Took shuttle up to the Lodge for afternoon tea -- very nice, no big "dressing up" required as it is for some afternoon teas. We took the van up to the golf course for lunch and highly recommend it -- stunning views, still dreaming of the prawn blt sandwich! If you need to watch what you spend, skip the spa treatments! Absolutely nothing special here and very expensive. If I were doing this trip again, wouldn't waste a minute of my time on Lana'i in that spa. Beautiful spot, go and enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Honolulu
Honolulu
Oahu, HI
Level Contributor
37,613 posts
960 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few Manele Bay tips

We are considering a 2-3 night stay here next visit to the islands. This property looks amazing! :)

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,111 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few Manele Bay tips

Mahalo for the post, travelplannermom. Yes, that prawn sandwich is legendary. I like the tea also, as it is so relaxing at the Lodge. We also like relaxing in the garden at the main terminal. It is certainly better than the commuter terminal.

I agree, the spa is nothing to right home about. Pre-resession, there was talk of building a whole new spa as well as an adult only pool. But both are still on the back burner. However, I always enjoy an outdoor massage in one of the hales overlooking the ocean. The sound of the waves and birds is so relaxing.

-DrV

3. Re: A few Manele Bay tips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, April 03, 2013