We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four Seasons

Yamhill, Oregon
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Four Seasons

We are planning a one night jaunt to Lanai early November. I got the reservation at Manale Bay and in their conformation they told us it will be $47 dollars a person for the shuttle. For ONE day, really? I was wondering how much the jeeps are, it would seem like that would not be that much more money?

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
27,688 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Four Seasons

Jeep rentals are very expensive on Lanai, about $150 per day. Also, you still have to use the shuttle to get to the rental location, it's not at the airport.

If it helps, I think the $47 per person rate is for both ways, although you'll want to confirm that.

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Four Seasons

You are correct, the $47/person is for regardless of the length of your stay. This does include being picked up at the airport or ferry and having your bags delivered to your room, and then the reverse when you check out.

I agree it is not fair for people who stay for 1 night. It is great for those of us who stay for 10 -14 days, as the shuttle takes you essentially on all the paved roads of the island - Manele Bay to Lana`i City to the Lodge. You can try to see if the resort will give you a break, but I wouldn't count on it.

So I suggest you make it a longer stay. ;-)

They have every 4th night free, so just add 3 nights and only pay for 2. Don't worry that there is not enough to do on the island. Check out this link:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29219-c2257/Lanai:Ha…

And regarding the Jeep, it is about $129-159 per day depending 2 door vs 4 door. For just a one day stay it really depends what you want to do during your visit. If you are going to spend half a day at the beach, it won't be worth it, however, if you plan to spend all day off road, that would be a fun day.

New York
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Four Seasons

Are you taking ferry from Maui? Why only one night? Do you have more time to spend on Lanai?

Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
1,319 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Four Seasons

Yes, stay longer! Adventure Lana'i Ecocenter will leave the Jeep for you at the airport or boat harbor if you want your own wheels. Unfortunately, there's no getting around the FS shuttle fee. It's a standard charge for everyone.

Yamhill, Oregon
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Four Seasons

Thanks everyone, this is great having people in the know. Guess we will just pay the charge because as someone said, we want to spend most of the time at the beach and a jeep would be a waste. I wish we had more time for Lanai but have already got the rest of the time on Maui, Kona, and Oahu accounted for. Next time, because it sounds awesome!

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Four Seasons

Wow, 4 different islands! How long are you spending in Hawai`i? Most of us on this forum recommend that one needs 5-7 days per island, so you should plan at least 20 days for your total visit. Otherwise, you will lose a good part of 3 days just getting from one island to the next. And that doesn't count the fact that the day you arrive and the day you go back home are essentially lost days.

7. Re: Four Seasons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, October 25, 2012